• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT FS/FT: 1877 W.C. Scott and Sons 10 Gauge Side By Side Damascus Barrels...

eit

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...e-by-side-damascus-barrels-beautiful.1471099/
Item Name: FS/FT FS/FT: 1877 W.C. Scott and Sons 10 Gauge Side By Side Damascus Barrels BEAUTIFUL!

Zip Code: 30189

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 1,400
Trade Value or Items Looking For: 4 Wheeler , Off-Road Golf Cart (for hunting), Guns, Gun Safe, try me
Caliber: 10 Gauge

Willing to Ship: Yes

Bill of Sale Required?: Yes

Billing Information: Super simple standard stuff

Item Description: 1877 WC Scott & Sons (Predating Webley & Scott name we know today)

Serial #: 9929 (All Matching)

Chamber Gauge: 10 Choked to 11

Ammunition: Will Accept 10 Gauge Black Powder Shells or can be re-sleeved to 20 gauge for modern ammunition!

Barrel Condition: Original Damascus Steel; Not Sleeved & Not Pitted (you can shoot this gun)

Refinished/Repaired: No; All Original

Makers Marks: 2 “Flag Over Tower” WC Scott and Sons Makers Marks (typically you only see one but you also typically do not see so much scroll work on the steel; this was a special gun made for someone very special)

Proof Marks: Birmingham England – Black Powder

Operational: Fully

This is a beautifully handmade, hand scrolled and checked antique. I've been holding on to this gun for years with plans to eventually re-sleeve it and turn it into one heck of a dove shooter. I've done a lot of research on this gun and have even had correspondence with an English gun smith who helped me verify what the proof marks mean. Several years ago I contacted a few antique firearm dealers and auction houses, and in the middle of the recession I was told this gun would fetch around $2,000 at auction in its current un-restored condition. However, they said that due to the recession prices for these kinds of antiques was down sharply across the board and just a few years earlier this gun would have brought b/w $5,000 and $6,000 (I have no proof of that. I've seen auction prices above and below this number. It is hard to determine an exact value b/c each gun was different back then and was made unique for an individual). It is hard to really know for sure but I feel very confident that the price I'm asking is a great deal. There are a lot of newer Webley Scotts out there and even some newer W.C. Scott and Sons (the company that predated the modern Webley Scott company) but very few that are this old and most are not anywhere near this good of a condition. You also never see such intricate scroll work. The metal on this gun is covered in scroll with dog and bird scenes on both sides of the breach. It really is quite beautiful; the pictures do not do it justice.

When looking at the pictures, the brown you see on the metal is not rust. Remember that back in the day they did not BLUE guns but the English gun makers did what is referred to as an English BROWN finish. What you see is what is left of the original finish. I can send a link to a LOT more pictures if you are interested.

I'm looking for a partial trade towards a used 4 wheeler or hunting golf cart. I do not need anything new or fancy and would prefer something old and reliable with a value of around $1000 or so but will consider any trade (2WD or 4WD, newer or older). I'd also consider a trade for other firearms if they are useful or interesting to me. Possibly a quality .270, .338 L, quality AR or AK, Dragunov or other 7.62x54R chambered rifles, .17 HMR, 10/22, etc. As you can see, I'm pretty open and all over the place. I'd also consider trading for a quality gun safe. I just want to see this gun go to someone who appreciates it as much as I do.

Russel 678-490-5197

Pictures:
dscf0808-jpg.1083441

dscf0818-jpg.1083442

dscf0853-jpg.1083448

dscf0861-jpg.1083449

dscf0922-jpg.1083451

Item Name: FS/FT FS/FT: 1877 W.C. Scott and Sons 10 Gauge Side By Side Damascus Barrels BEAUTIFUL!

Zip Code: 30189

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 1,400
Trade Value or Items Looking For: 4 Wheeler , Off-Road Golf Cart (for hunting), Guns, Gun Safe, try me
Caliber: 10 Gauge

Willing to Ship: Yes

Bill of Sale Required?: Yes

Billing Information: Super simple standard stuff

Item Description: 1877 WC Scott & Sons (Predating Webley & Scott name we know today)

Serial #: 9929 (All Matching)

Chamber Gauge: 10 Choked to 11

Ammunition: Will Accept 10 Gauge Black Powder Shells or can be re-sleeved to 20 gauge for modern ammunition!

Barrel Condition: Original Damascus Steel; Not Sleeved & Not Pitted (you can shoot this gun)

Refinished/Repaired: No; All Original

Makers Marks: 2 “Flag Over Tower” WC Scott and Sons Makers Marks (typically you only see one but you also typically do not see so much scroll work on the steel; this was a special gun made for someone very special)

Proof Marks: Birmingham England – Black Powder

Operational: Fully

This is a beautifully handmade, hand scrolled and checked antique. I've been holding on to this gun for years with plans to eventually re-sleeve it and turn it into one heck of a dove shooter. I've done a lot of research on this gun and have even had correspondence with an English gun smith who helped me verify what the proof marks mean. Several years ago I contacted a few antique firearm dealers and auction houses, and in the middle of the recession I was told this gun would fetch around $2,000 at auction in its current un-restored condition. However, they said that due to the recession prices for these kinds of antiques was down sharply across the board and just a few years earlier this gun would have brought b/w $5,000 and $6,000 (I have no proof of that. I've seen auction prices above and below this number. It is hard to determine an exact value b/c each gun was different back then and was made unique for an individual). It is hard to really know for sure but I feel very confident that the price I'm asking is a great deal. There are a lot of newer Webley Scotts out there and even some newer W.C. Scott and Sons (the company that predated the modern Webley Scott company) but very few that are this old and most are not anywhere near this good of a condition. You also never see such intricate scroll work. The metal on this gun is covered in scroll with dog and bird scenes on both sides of the breach. It really is quite beautiful; the pictures do not do it justice.

When looking at the pictures, the brown you see on the metal is not rust. Remember that back in the day they did not BLUE guns but the English gun makers did what is referred to as an English BROWN finish. What you see is what is left of the original finish. I can send a link to a LOT more pictures if you are interested.

I'm looking for a partial trade towards a used 4 wheeler or hunting golf cart. I do not need anything new or fancy and would prefer something old and reliable with a value of around $1000 or so but will consider any trade (2WD or 4WD, newer or older). I'd also consider a trade for other firearms if they are useful or interesting to me. Possibly a quality .270, .338 L, quality AR or AK, Dragunov or other 7.62x54R chambered rifles, .17 HMR, 10/22, etc. As you can see, I'm pretty open and all over the place. I'd also consider trading for a quality gun safe. I just want to see this gun go to someone who appreciates it as much as I do.

Russel 678-490-5197

Pictures:
dscf0808-jpg.1083441

dscf0818-jpg.1083442

dscf0853-jpg.1083448

dscf0861-jpg.1083449

dscf0922-jpg.1083451
Do you still have gun?

Back
Top Bottom