Law Enforcement Supporter
Survivalist
28   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS/FT Ithaca 37 Slamfire 16 gauge project

Zip Code: 30265

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: $175 OBO
Trade Value or Items Looking For: What do you have?

Caliber: 16 gauge

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Ithaca 37 Slamfire 16 gauge project
I'm getting ready to move and have too many unfinished projects so hopefully someone will complete this one. Ithaca model 37 16 gauge, serial number 368950, which dates it to 1941. It definitely slam fires because I removed the trigger group and full bolt assembly, installed it in another Ithaca 37 16 gauge to test and it worked perfectly!

It includes the receiver that shows wear but has a nice patina, trigger group, the complete upper and lower bolt assembly with firing pin and extractors, shell carrier, shell tube with spring and follower, classic front nut, nice corncob grip and stock bolt with washers.

It's missing the RH positive shell stop, stock and screw trigger, plus the barrel. They are out there, and I've already found most of the parts so it wouldn't be a difficult project. With minimal input and money you'll easily have a gun worth way more than your investment. Gunbroker has one selling for almost $800 with 19 bidders...

Any 16 gauge barrel pre 855,000 serial number will fit, you just need to make sure headspace is within specs. (I took an Ithaca 37 1949 receiver and added a 1952 barrel and the gun fit and fired perfectly.)

It racks nice and smooth, just waiting for the parts to finish. I'll listen to all offers but won't give it away, and won't feel bad to just pack it up for finishing down the road.

Pictures:
20210509_182105-jpg.3256276

20210509_182113-jpg.3256277

20210509_182122-jpg.3256278

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
It's Nice to see these old guns getting the treatment, the restoration, they deserve. One of my brother's good buddies was given an Ithaca model 37 in 16 gauge back when he turned 18 in the late 1960s. A gift from his dad.
He used that gun with his dad a couple of times and then never used it again.
He propped it up in a corner of his screened-in porch where it was exposed to damp weather. He left it there for over 10 years without cleaning it. When he let me borrow it, the action was rusted shut & the barrel was covered with rust- some of it the deep-pitting kind that forms big crusty scabs of rust that bulge up on the surface of the metal.

I did get it apart and did a cleaning and rust scraping job on it. I enjoyed shooting it; I used it several times before returning it to him.

Guess what he did with it after he got it back?
He traded it (permanently) to a neighbor for the privilege of parking his spare car in that guy's backyard, under a tarp, for one summer.

Blip might be? If he is, he will respond!
As for me, NO not interested.
Just look-n out for another ODT Brother, who might be interested.
Yes. I have a huge weakness for old Ithica 37's fortunately I don't use gunbroker as a measure of value.
Thanks for watching out for me...
Now if it had the stock and the red "sunburst" recoil pad!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom