• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FS/FT M10A1 SMG 9mm/.45 ACP/ Texas Made

I just got into a Powder Springs 1973 build (45) with its 2 stage suppressor. $7800 but worth every penny to me to get it and bring her home to Georgia. I saved my whole life to get a transferable - almost ready to retire and decided to get it while I could. I think that i can't afford to shoot it - but hopefully ammo prices may come back down.

Congrats, was it on a Form 3 or Form 4? In state or out of state purchase?

I just got into a Powder Springs 1973 build (45) with its 2 stage suppressor. $7800 but worth every penny to me to get it and bring her home to Georgia. I saved my whole life to get a transferable - almost ready to retire and decided to get it while I could. I think that i can't afford to shoot it - but hopefully ammo prices may come back down.

Congrats, was it on a Form 3 or Form 4? In state or out of state purchase?
It was a Form 3 e-file transfer. I deliberately went this route as my local dealer and range could take essentially immediate transfer and receipt (it came within a week) and I can use it at their range while it sits in NFA jail (conjugal visits if you will : ) ).

I would do a Form-4 for a lower price point (to comp two $200 tax stamps, more months waiting) but typically I see Form-3 e-file sales listed at better price points. I am baffled why a state border makes individual transfers of a heavily monitored process more byzantine than it already is.

Additionally Why a Form 4 must be paper and slow-boated where a Form 1 for a suppressor or SBR you make yourself can be e-filed and turned around faster is confusing. In essence the only due diligence they are doing is the same background check done at NICS (same for any gun) and fingerprints/photo which by police standards of the day are nearly obsolete compared to other forensic diligence/technology that don't add much value.

I understand the entire process is designed as a "prohibitive tax" that is designed to create cost and time barriers to get a desired effect of a ban. In essence the 1934 NFA prohibitive tax model is by design deliberately racist (by modern usage of this term) and anti-constitutional allowing for only certain classes and lifestyles of people to obtain these firearms that all constitutionally have access to- however good luck being poor or in 1934 getting a local LEO signature. Ironically the NFA law was designed to counter the gangster wars with Tommy guns but was the likes of Al Capone or his organized crime colleagues dissuaded by a $200 tax stamp where they were already disregarded alcohol tax stamps and $200 was not a cost barrier to that class?

In another Ironic twist the same model was applied to Hughes Amendment in 1986 - Thanks to Public Perception of MAC-10s being used exclusively by drug dealers in Miami Vice, Scar Face etc. Someone needed to do something to stop non-white/Columbians from selling drugs on our streets and outgunning the police (with legal machine guns?) to dominate selling drugs to our kids. Ironically the US government had more to do with placing drugs on the street in that time period so they could lubricate black ops financing and circumvent congress for approval of funds.

I agree with the Form 3 transfer time, I was going to go that route, but the Form 4 was a better overall package deal in my eyes as I got multiple uppers, plenty of 9mm and 45 mags and the guy included a Bowers VERS 45 can to sweeten the deal. That might have added more "wait time" but reduced my overall spending on finding and purchasing uppers, mags, etc. Now I'm at the stage where I'm securing FCG, recoil rods, recoil pads, etc. I'm more than a month inside my first transfer, so once it hits my FFL I can have my conjugal visits. Even though it wont be many to save money on ammo and wear and tear.

It was a Form 3 e-file transfer. I deliberately went this route as my local dealer and range could take essentially immediate transfer and receipt (it came within a week) and I can use it at their range while it sits in NFA jail (conjugal visits if you will : ) ).

I would do a Form-4 for a lower price point (to comp two $200 tax stamps, more months waiting) but typically I see Form-3 e-file sales listed at better price points. I am baffled why a state border makes individual transfers of a heavily monitored process more byzantine than it already is.

Additionally Why a Form 4 must be paper and slow-boated where a Form 1 for a suppressor or SBR you make yourself can be e-filed and turned around faster is confusing. In essence the only due diligence they are doing is the same background check done at NICS (same for any gun) and fingerprints/photo which by police standards of the day are nearly obsolete compared to other forensic diligence/technology that don't add much value.

I understand the entire process is designed as a "prohibitive tax" that is designed to create cost and time barriers to get a desired effect of a ban. In essence the 1934 NFA prohibitive tax model is by design deliberately racist (by modern usage of this term) and anti-constitutional allowing for only certain classes and lifestyles of people to obtain these firearms that all constitutionally have access to- however good luck being poor or in 1934 getting a local LEO signature. Ironically the NFA law was designed to counter the gangster wars with Tommy guns but was the likes of Al Capone or his organized crime colleagues dissuaded by a $200 tax stamp where they were already disregarded alcohol tax stamps and $200 was not a cost barrier to that class?

In another Ironic twist the same model was applied to Hughes Amendment in 1986 - Thanks to Public Perception of MAC-10s being used exclusively by drug dealers in Miami Vice, Scar Face etc. Someone needed to do something to stop non-white/Columbians from selling drugs on our streets and outgunning the police (with legal machine guns?) to dominate selling drugs to our kids. Ironically the US government had more to do with placing drugs on the street in that time period so they could lubricate black ops financing and circumvent congress for approval of funds.

I agree with the Form 3 transfer time, I was going to go that route, but the Form 4 was a better overall package deal in my eyes as I got multiple uppers, plenty of 9mm and 45 mags and the guy included a Bowers VERS 45 can to sweeten the deal. That might have added more "wait time" but reduced my overall spending on finding and purchasing uppers, mags, etc. Now I'm at the stage where I'm securing FCG, recoil rods, recoil pads, etc. I'm more than a month inside my first transfer, so once it hits my FFL I can have my conjugal visits. Even though it wont be many to save money on ammo and wear and tear.

What additional Uppers did you get?
These are very cool in the sense uppers and spares are available - This was a factor that hel[ed decide upon a MAC was some versatility.

I decided to get a Lage MAX-10/9 upper to do a caliber conversion. I also will want to see if CZ (Vz-26) mags can truly be easily modified indeed function in M10-45 with 9mm as supposedly reported. I have some of these mags - they are cheap compared to good MAC-10 9mm mags so worth a try perhaps.
MAX109mk2RtSide.JPG

With a Lage conversion I can end up with essentially another SMG config (about a full size Uzi or so) and not have to dish out the cash for an Uzi. I like Uzi's but for the money can get a MAC and multiple uppers, spares and still enjoy The MAC's retro and its Authentic Powder Springs Georgia greatness (or Marietta) its stamped PS but many of those were actually pumped out in Marietta.!
I should start watching McQ again! : )

PS get a copy of "The MAC Man"https://www.amazon.com/Mac-Man-Gordon-Ingram-Submachine/dp/0982391811

I have the original .45 upper another .45 upper I'm guessing is OEM also, along with a 9mm upper that is OEM. One .45 upper has the vertical grip and the 9mm has the strap. The other .45 upper is plain. I'm on the waiting list for the Lage MK2 9mm. I'm currently waiting on the development and approval for the UltiMac upper which will be a grand slam of an upper.

What additional Uppers did you get?
These are very cool in the sense uppers and spares are available - This was a factor that hel[ed decide upon a MAC was some versatility.

I decided to get a Lage MAX-10/9 upper to do a caliber conversion. I also will want to see if CZ (Vz-26) mags can truly be easily modified indeed function in M10-45 with 9mm as supposedly reported. I have some of these mags - they are cheap compared to good MAC-10 9mm mags so worth a try perhaps.
MAX109mk2RtSide.JPG

With a Lage conversion I can end up with essentially another SMG config (about a full size Uzi or so) and not have to dish out the cash for an Uzi. I like Uzi's but for the money can get a MAC and multiple uppers, spares and still enjoy The MAC's retro and its Authentic Powder Springs Georgia greatness (or Marietta) its stamped PS but many of those were actually pumped out in Marietta.!
I should start watching McQ again! : )

PS get a copy of "The MAC Man"https://www.amazon.com/Mac-Man-Gordon-Ingram-Submachine/dp/0982391811

Back
Top Bottom