Air Force Icon
Frontiersman
62   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS/FT Manurhin P1 Pistolet

Zip Code: 31032

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: $400
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Will consider other interesting firearms. Shoot me what you have for trade consideration.

Caliber: 9mm

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: Yes

Billing Information: Conceal Carry License required. P8080828.JPG P8080829.JPG P3080018.JPG P3080021.JPG

Item Description: Manurhin P1

A little history lesson. West Berlin police wanted to use Walther P-38s but were forbidden to carry German-made weapons by treaty. Manurhin's facilities were just across the Rhine River from Walther and the frame and slide blanks were made on their tooling then shipped across the river to be finished. For the West Berlin contract, 2500 P1 pistols were produced, finished and proofed in France to circumvent the treaty. Slide legend reads "Manufacture De Machines Du Haut-Rhin" with the Manurhin logo above "Made in France" followed by "PISTOLET P1" above "9mm X 19".

Other markings are:
-Berlin Sunburst FGR (West German) police property mark on left trigger guard.
-Walther dot-in-a-circle quality control marks on slide and frame.
-The right side of the slide is marked with a crowned shield, crossed cannons with a "3" at the top and and 2 digit number at the bottom that I can't make out. The crowned shield is St. Etienne proof and the crossed cannons indicate the slide was originally made for a Portugese contract.

No import marking/stamping.

Before I get comments about altering a gun I have to say that I bought it like this from an estate auction about 15 years ago just the way you see it. It came with a West Berlin police shoulder holster that I have since lost in moving. The story I was told is that it was converted to a compact configuration for use by West Berlin police detectives. The barrel was shortened and hammer bobbed to allow for ease of carry and draw from the shoulder holster. Can't verify if that's true or not but it's an interesting story and whoever did the conversion did a good job of it.

Comes with two 8 round magazines, 1 Walther and 1 aftermarket.

Pictures:
p3080015-jpg.2247921

Attachments

• P3080015.JPG
    P3080015.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,648
DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom