• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FS/FT Ruger 10/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
AD?!? - Is this guy selling something? I thought this was just a rant post.

Oh yeah, a Ruger 10/22 I think.

A one sentence description and no pictures. $425 for a Ruger 10/22... Really?

Hahahaha!
Seriously... everything is only what someone will pay. If they pay more than you would, well, it's their money. I love this site because:
1) I don't have to report gun buys to the gov't. (actually, that doesn't happen, but there is a paper trail).
2) Don't pay sales taxes.
3) Meet good people.
4) Find great deals.
5)Enjoy reading the ads. If something is overpriced (in my opinion) it's, at least, good for a laugh.
Over pricing is just part of the "art of the deal". It's free enterprise.

This statement is essentially true, But it's a very used car dealer way of doing business. The truth is that these forums are designed to promote community and in the spirit of community it's far more appropriate to educate and nurture new or uninformed gun owners than it is to exploit that ignorance.

My $0.02,
Sam Parsons

This is America, if someone is asking $600 for a gun doesn't mean you have to buy it. The idiot is the person who buys the overpriced gun.

I'm still waiting to see pictures of this 10/22 for sale.

I have bought a few 10/22 rifles recently, and really enjoy them. Great for target shooting and teaching my kids the sport.

So...any pictures of the gun that is for sale?

A one sentence description and no pictures. $425 for a Ruger 10/22... Really?
The only thing worse than over-priced handguns is when someone takes over-priced accessories, attaches them to a commonly available rifle and tries to recoup his expenses in selling it as "special".
:behindsofa:
p.s. I agree with Steve in post #27

I don't know much about anything, but I know the Ruger 10/22 inside and out. If this man has an all stainless model in a Hogue stock with a stainless bull barrel, it cannot be purchased anywhere for anything close to $225. Also, I just don't get the uproar over price. Anything on the planet is worth what someone will give for it. I sold a used Gen 2 Glock 19 this weekend for $550, and a Mossberg Maverick 88 for $500. If I'd had five of each, I could've sold all five for that amount. Both of these had various levels of custom work done to them. When it comes to custom stuff, I don't see how anyone could figure a set price. Just my two cents!

$425 isn't too far off for such a gun if the condition is very good....

OP: I would love to see some photos.

I am fine with folks asking whatever they would like to ask. If I do not agree, I simply do not bother typing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom