• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FS/FT Ruger 44 mag carbine

That is the correct sight for that rifle. No dove-tail in barrel for leaf sights. Done at the factory. Have the same rifle in my collection. Called the RS version if I remember correctly.

I kind of inherited this gun, so I haven't fired it or bought any ammo for it. Nice gun, has a few handling marks on the stock. Also has light surface rust on the top of the receiver around the screws. It's a 1970's model with the peep sight. I don't know if the peep sight is correct for this model or not, but I'm sure someone can tell me more about it than Ruger's website.
Would take 650 for the rifle??

Mag fed (Rotary Mag) model was called the Deerfield Carbine. It’s action was more similar to a Mini 14 / M1 carbine It is a completely different gun produced from 2000 to 2006. It replaced the earlier 44 Ruger carbine which was called the Deerstalker Carbine which had a internal tubular magazine & was produced from 1961 to 1986. The older Deerstalker had numerous versions: Model 44 standard carbine, 44 International with Mannlicher stock, 44 Sporter with Fingergroove Monte Carlo Stock & 44RS Carbine which is the above pictured one.
Schooled, thx

Holds 4 in the internal tubular Mag
I have one as well that holds 4 plus one in the chamber. I would guess mine is an 80's model. Think I'm gonna keep an eye out for some ammo and sight in the redfield. Then decide keep or go. Bet it's has not been shot in 20 years which means it's probably been 25

Back
Top Bottom