Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
151   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS/FT STI Edge 2011 .40SW

Zip Code: 30554

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 1500
Trade Value or Items Looking For: CZ Shadow 2 9mm with or without optics. 9mm Stainless 1911s (Ruger, Springfield, STI, S&W must have a ramped barrel and be series 70)

Anything useful for steel challenge.

Caliber: .40SW

Willing to Ship: Yes

Bill of Sale Required?: Yes

Item Description: I purchased this gun March/ February of 2016 and shot it until the end of 2017. I've shot one match with it this year. Selling to switch divisions. I purchased this gun "used" from a gunstore in Texas through gunbroker. When I received it the gun looked new. No scratches on the finish and no visible wear on the barrel or in the frame. I have put a little cosmetic wear on it, due to my racemaster holster and toting it around at matches.

Soon after I purchased the gun I discovered a hammer follow issue occurring under very specific circumstances (loose grip,rapid fire). After a big headache and a gunsmith bill that didn't fix it I discovered the issue. Grip bushings were worn/undersized causing a gap and flex in the grip/frame fitment under recoil and disengaging the sear. New grip bushings went in, much tighter and the gun has been 100% reliable since. I'd estimate trigger is 3-3.5lb right now. I have several videos of me shooting the gun if interested. In the pictures posted the gun has an aftermarket MSH, thumb safeties, FCG, and the flat trigger. The gun will sell with all factory parts other than what is on the build list below. The factory parts have been polished and are fit well. I'm actually finding I prefer the factory thumb safeties.

I still have the factory grip safety and front sight and will include that with the gun along with any 11 or 12lb recoil springs I have. IIRC it has a 12lb variable recoil spring now and I know it has a 17lb mainspring installed. Approximate round count is 6k-7k, no more than 10k which were all 180gr xtremes and 180gr Zero FMJs. If we meet somewhere on a range etc. buyer is welcome to test fire it.

The gun will ship from my FFL to yours for $60. I am in North GA/Gainesville area and will travel to the Atlanta or Athens area if need be for FTF. I can also meet at River Bend Gun Club USPSA match, Spartanburg USPSA/Steel Challenge or Belton Gun Club Steel Challenege (you pay local FFL for transfer), and Cherokee Gun Club. Payment can be cash, money order, direct account transfer, personal check, or cashier's check. Once funds clear the gun will ship. Willing to do even trades and trades plus cash.

PM me to discuss. Build list below. Magazines will sell separate once gun sells if need be. Listed Sell Price is $2060 with mags + $60 for shipping from my FFL to yours via UPS.

PRICE DROP $1500+ shipping with no mags. If you only want 2 mags I can split them up. $360 for all 4 mags.

STI Edge 2011 Build List

Modifications

· Grip reduction and double undercut- Me

· EGW JEM Grip safety blended with frame and safeties- Me

· Polished Feed Ramp- Me

Frame/Grip

· Dawson Magwell

· Dawson Lo Pro Mag Button (Not pictured on gun)

· CK Arms 2011 Grip Bushings Kit with extra grip screws

· EGW/JEM Beavertail Grip Safety Carbon Steel .250" Radius

· EGW Chamber Checker 11-pc Pin Set SS

Slide

· Guiderod 1911 5" Bull Barrel Tool-Less by Dawson Precision

· Dawson Hyper Drive Extended Firing Pin

· Brazos Lightning Rod MannyDot Front Sight (STI/SV)

Magazines

4 old style STI tubes in good condition tuned with dawson mag tuning kit. All with 3mm taran baseplates.

#1, 3, & 4 have grams guts. They all hold 20 and 19 reloadable. Mag #2 has Taran guts and holds 21rd and 20 reloadable. Baseplates are in good condition.

More pics are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hp7zpyt4kp74yw2/AAC7BeDmnlFSYr-nM32hbmona?dl=0

Can take/send more pics at request. Thanks for looking!

Pictures:
20170223_000855_1543587753983-jpg.1895237

AAC7BeDmnlFSYr-nM32hbmona

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom