• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FS/FT vague post titles

Deleted member 79987

Default rank 5000+ posts
Good enough for government work
79   0
Reaction score
When y'all post a handgun or other firearm for sail, could you please make sure to put the manufacturer + exact model name of the gun in the title of your post?

Most people make up a good title... just getting tired of seeing "clever names" in listings like "hardballer" or "pocket rocket" or "fire breathing 1911". Go ahead and put those clever names in the title, but put them in AFTER you say what the gun actually is.

With titles like those I have no idea what you're selling or trading, and if I do a search for a gun like yours it would never show up in the results.

Another pro tip: double check your spelling. If I search for "Springfield Range Officer" but you put "Springfeld" I won't ever see your posting.

I ain't losing any sleep over this, but if you want people to see your post it might help to be a bit more specific.

iu

And while we are at it....the price of Glocks on here sux ! I can get them new for what someone wants one for a used one !!
(What the heck, it has been a while since a good price bicker thread came out....NOT )

When y'all post a handgun or other firearm for sail, could you please make sure to put the manufacturer + exact model name of the gun in the title of your post?

Most people make up a good title... just getting tired of seeing "clever names" in listings like "hardballer" or "pocket rocket" or "fire breathing 1911". Go ahead and put those clever names in the title, but put them in AFTER you say what the gun actually is.

With titles like those I have no idea what you're selling or trading, and if I do a search for a gun like yours it would never show up in the results.

Another pro tip: double check your spelling. If I search for "Springfield Range Officer" but you put "Springfeld" I won't ever see your posting.

I ain't losing any sleep over this, but if you want people to see your post it might help to be a bit more specific.

Goes double for sellers 'location' in their ID. I usually ignore those not specific as I figure if they don't indicate where they are, they really aren't serious about selling an item.

Back
Top Bottom