• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS Hand made cutting boards

REB

Eagle Icon Supporter
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-hand-made-cutting-boards.1691972/
Item Name: FS Hand made cutting boards

Zip Code: 30080

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 30.00 each

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Cutting boards 1st one is 9 x 11.5 inches and made ofAfrican padauk and oak. The 2nd is 73/4 x 11.5 inches and is made of teak ,maple, walnut, oak, and padauk. The 3rd on is 8 x 113/4 inches and made of Oak, maple, oak, teak, maple and padauk. There are 4 coats of food grade mineral oil on them. Can be used as cheese boards or hot plate as well. Must be picked up in Smyrna. Pm me with questions

Pictures:
dfdf9b60-3384-4f27-90d3-fa501323b093-jpeg.1621867

3c3ef5bc-2d88-4c26-82f6-148c13426217-jpeg.1621868

Hi, my name is Moose and I am a "woodoholic".

.....and find it difficult and heart wrenching to throw away even the smallest scrap of wood.

Bear in mind that even though the finish is certified food-safe, not all woods are suitable for food contact. The boards are beautiful, I have several similar ones my self, and have found the best use as you suggest, other than to display the inherent beauty "in" the wood itself, is a hot pad, but only after the finish has dried or gassed off.

Regardless, nice work. Perhaps if you size them to fit in a USPO flat-rate box, you could add the shipping cost into the price. With the current escalation in fuel futures, I doubt anyone in the Atlanta area, could beat the cost of shipping by driving to a FTF meet.

Hi, my name is Moose and I am a "woodoholic".

.....and find it difficult and heart wrenching to throw away even the smallest scrap of wood.

Bear in mind that even though the finish is certified food-safe, not all woods are suitable for food contact. The boards are beautiful, I have several similar ones my self, and have found the best use as you suggest, other than to display the inherent beauty "in" the wood itself, is a hot pad, but only after the finish has dried or gassed off.

Regardless, nice work. Perhaps if you size them to fit in a USPO flat-rate box, you could add the shipping cost into the price. With the current escalation in fuel futures, I doubt anyone in the Atlanta area, could beat the cost of shipping by driving to a FTF meet.

Thank you for your insight and kind words. I have a small box scraps that i think i'll make into coasters.

Thank you for your insight and kind words. I have a small box scraps that i think i'll make into coasters.
Have you tried wood turning? I never thought about coasters and have been throwing away anything less than 2.5" wide, 3/4" thick, and 8" long. good idea, I like it.

Here is what I make with most of my scraps, the level of effort, skill, and resulting beautiful, however useful result is no better than what you are doing, just a different shape and method. I have made and given away hundreds of these over the last 50 years. I lose interest when money is involved, I simply love the inherent beauty in the material.
MAPLE ROUND BOX (3).jpg

Back
Top Bottom