• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS High end trombone.

Larry floyd

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-high-end-trombone.1573765/
Item Name: FS High end trombone.

Zip Code: 30436

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 700.00

Willing to Ship: Yes

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: High end trombone. Bought new last school year for my son. We paid 1,700$ It is now just sitting in the case in the closet and I would rather sell it for a loss and it go to a kid (or adult) that could use and enjoy it rather than just have it sitting around. Can send any information or pictures on request. My number is 803-507-4759. You can text or call or email me here. Because my internet is really slow at the House I can send pictures faster and easier via text. Asking 700$ Or best offer. And I do mean best offer not best reasonable offer (meaning only offers over a certain amount) eventually I’m going to sell it for whatever the highest offer I have is. I’m not hurting for money or anything and need to sell fast. So the closer the offer is to asking price the faster I’m going to take it. The lower the offer the longer I’m going to wait to try to get a better offer. It is important to me to at least recoup some of the money I spent and not looking to just give it away (which if I don’t get any decent offers I may end up giving it to a kid in the local school who’s family can’t afford to buy or rent one being that unlike a lot of schools our local school doesn’t provide any instruments)

Below is a rant about the messed up band program at my sons school and an explanation for why I am selling a trombone for a thousand dollar or more loss after only a year of use.

He was in concert and marching band and had been for years.
We rented his instrument for years and said we weren’t buying one until we knew it wasn’t something he was going to stick with. This year we finally bought one. But this year he got into JROTC and some of the school policies changed. Basically this year they stopped offering just a band class. In order for a student to have band class they also had to be in all of the extra curricular band programs. Concert band and marching band. But with the JROTC class he would only be able to attend band class. He wouldn’t be able to attend the after school practices everyday. After a couple weeks the school and us and the JROTC NCOIC (teacher) reached an agreement that he would only have to miss after school practice once a week and on occasion twice a week but most weeks would still be at 4 of the 5 after school practices. The big kicker is that the same thing they were practicing after school was the same stuff they were practicing during school hours. So everyone was fine with that agreement except for the band director (teacher) who is anti everything military. So even though over the past couple years he had repeatedly told us that my some was probably the best trombone player he had ever had the privilege of teaching and would have him teaching and helping other students. Even had him teaching students that didn’t even play trombone. He had said my some had a natural talent for music and could easily learn to master any instrument put in his hand. So it would seem like allowing him to miss one practice a week wouldn’t be a big deal. Nope the director said if I missed 1 a month without a doctors excuse he would be kicked out of marching/concert band and that would also cause him to be kicked out of band class as a whole. And recommend that he drop JROTC from his schedule. After several long talks with my son and begging him to stick with band because he always loved it and I felt he was only choosing JROTC over band because I was in the ARMY for 12 years. I I was afraid he thought I would prefer him do JROTC and would be more proud of him for that than band. But no matter how much I begged Andy told him I wanted him to stay with band he said he wanted to drop it. I offered to let him take private lessons if he would since he was no longer allowed to be In Band In school and that until the band director would allow him back in or they got a new band director he could still continue learning and all or even if he couldn’t get back in band in high school because the director is an A** he could continue getting practice and join band in college. But he said he has no interest in ever picking up the trombone because he had admired and looked up to the band director Andy that he was one of the main reasons he even wanted to be in band so bad. But he showed what type of person he really was and it ruined band for him.

Back
Top Bottom