Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
46   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Civil War Lefaucheux 10mm Pinfire Revolver

Willing to Ship: No

Item is for: Sale Only

Sale Price: $880

Item Description: Civil War Era 10mm PinFire Lefaucheux Revolver ( President Lincoln Ordered these from Europe during the Civil War )
All markings; Stamps/Crowns/Proofs are 100% visible
The guns original finish is 65% or more - Wood Grips are Perfect
Timing is correct, function is correct; Folding Trigger is Perfect
This is an extremely nice example of a Well Made Antique Pinfire Revolver
6 shot - 10mm model... More research could determine its use in the American Civil War.
The civil war brought many PinFires into the Country, as they were purchased from Europe.
A truly nice, rare, firearm. Nice addition to any collection

Look up Lefaucheux Pin Fires... Notice their Exhorbitant Prices - then look at my $ 880.00

Read this excerpt taking from the Internet:
In 1862 President Lincoln commissioned Marcellus Hartley, a partner in the New York firearm-importing firm of Schuyler, Hartley & Graham, to supply the Union with French Lefaucheux revolvers and ammunition. The Lefaucheux was to become the fourth most commonly used revolver in the American Civil War, surpassed only by the Colt, Remington and Starr percussion pistols.

i40.tinypic.com_10wtpo8.jpg

i43.tinypic.com_vrww7l.jpg

i42.tinypic.com_2yv89jk.jpg

Seth
770-912-1666

Last edited:
Nice gun. Seen one on Red Jacket last night. Almost impossible to find ammo for it though. (You gotta make it). Would you by any chance have any pinfire ammo to go along with it? Either way awesome gun GLWS.

Nice gun. Seen one on Red Jacket last night. Almost impossible to find ammo for it though. (You gotta make it). Would you by any chance have any pinfire ammo to go along with it? Either way awesome gun GLWS.
I believe the one on Sons of Guns was a 21 shot. Is this one as well.

Yeah - this one doesnt shoot 20 rounds.... That must have been one of the Double Row Cylinder models... More of a Novelty than a shooter.
Believe it or not, pin fire ammo isnt THAT hard to find... Ive located several sources... Not going to tell you it cheap, but what Antique ammo is...?? * As mentioned, some people make their own... The Blastcap is located on the inside and the pin pushes it when the trigger hits the pin... BOOM - thats it...

How cool is this, that President Abraham Lincoln ordered the commission of these firearms into the Civil War.... This gun is apart of our American Heritage... Not to mention they arent easy to find... This gun is priced so cheap someone should slap me..... ( Locating guns like these takes alot of luck-time... Ask my wife ) Are you looking at Guns again... uggggg :)
If anyone had Longterm Investment in mind, pay attention to the guns i post on ODT.... Id bet my reputation that you can make significant interest on these firearms over the years.... Look at my feedback. Not an unhappy person yet... HIgh Quality-Collector Grade-Firearms of all Types..... Chandlee312

If any member on here is looking for a Specific Antique - email me.... Their is a whole sleuw of stuff that cant go on here... Generally, $ 1000 and over is pushing the limits on here... If a $ 3500 Winchester went on here, it would never sell.... A select few members have become good friends... They typically snatch up the majority quickly...

* If you have an Antique/Curio-Relic for sale - hit me up... As always, im always looking to buy as well * Cant pay BOOK - as Book doesnt sell.. ( This gun at Book is $ 3000... Its on here for $ 880 and still here ) Seth 770-912-1666 Look forward to meeting/buying all of your fairly priced Antiques... Thanks ODT

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom