• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS Past Master Masonic Jewel

TigWelder

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Reaction score
This Masonic jewel is of the early 1900's. 14K. It's a nice jewel in excellent condition.
14k gold Past Master Jewel. This jewel is of the early 1900's and may be from the state of Florida. I'm selling it as an antique collector's item NOT for scrap. Excellent condition. Fine piece of jewelry.
This is an antique, collectible piece of jewelry. This is a Masonic piece. From what I can tell, it is a Past Master's Jewel. It is marked 14K on the back. It also is inscribed: WM Jas. Carnell Lodge 223 Miami, FLA 1922. On the front - on the bar - just under the "All Seeing Eye" and above the letter "G" is the name "W. M. Atwater", the bar is 1.293 inches long and .254 inches tall (You can remove that name and replace it with yours). Just above the quadrant and between the compass is a Moon Stone with the face of the sun carved in it mounted in a gold disc that is 1/2" in diameter. The compass (.055 inches thick); quadrant have a wreath around it that is .066 inches thick. The approximate total height is 2 1/4 inches (2.460), the approximate width is 1 1/4 inches (1.345). There is a gold star with a blue background at the top of the compass. It weighs 17.4 grams. It is my hope that a Mason will purchase this. In any event, it is for sale as a collectible piece of jewelry so, I don't care what scrap gold is selling for. I'm 22 miles south of the Atlanta Airport off of I-75 in McDonough, GA. Mason jewel. Mason jewelry.

Attachments

• past masters jewel (1).JPG
    past masters jewel (1).JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 339
  • past masters jewel (2).JPG
    past masters jewel (2).JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 63
  • past masters jewel (3).JPG
    past masters jewel (3).JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 63
  • past masters jewel (4).JPG
    past masters jewel (4).JPG
    223 KB · Views: 63
  • past masters jewel (5).JPG
    past masters jewel (5).JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 63
You may want to reach out to that Lodge or Florida's Grand Lodge for additional information regarding this Past Master and/or his family.

Masonic jewelry is fairly common, and it would have the most (mostly sentimental) value to his family or his local Lodge where he was Master.

I think that lodge doesn't exist any more.

...or Florida's Grand Lodge...

It's an interesting jewel, but the real value is in the sentiment of it.

There is TONS of masonic jewelry out there, and this item would be most appreciated by someone who has a connection to Past Master Jas. Carnell or to FL Lodge 223 where he was Master. Even if FL Lodge 223 doesn't exist, it was most likely merged with another local Lodge, and someone knows and keeps that history.

Some of the most valuable items that I have today, belonged to my grandfather... Of course, that's just my $0.02

Back
Top Bottom