• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: FS Ruger M77V 7.62 NATO Active Duty Sniper Rifle (Info Needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAD Jedi

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
190   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FS Ruger M77V 7.62 NATO Active Duty Sniper Rifle (Info Needed)

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $10000 obo

Caliber: 308

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Hello All,

I have a Ruger M77V 7.62 NATO Heavy Barrel Sniper Rifle that was born in the late 70's and was used in active duty by the person I purchased it from over 20 years ago. The question I have is.. does the fact that it has a history make it any more valuable? Now I know what you will say... only if the person buying it thinks so. :)

It is in very good shape and has a Weaver T10 Duplex Reticle Optic and has had 886 rounds sent down range. I got this from a gentleman who shall remain anonymous, however I have seen him in several books about the first UDT teams in Vietnam. My brother worked with him, and after several conversations, I have no doubt that what he has documented about the rifle is accurate.

He included a hand written card that has all the information above plus the types of ammo that shoot well, and the effective ranges as well as the maximum active duty ranges. It also has a note about the longest casualty producing shot that resulted in a fatality.

I know that when I got this, all of that stuff seemed very interesting and kind of cool. I still kind of think that.. however I would love others opinions about it.

Thanks in advance

P.S. The price is just a goof... I know it is not worth that much.

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom