• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS Smith and Wesson Model 63 .22 Caliber

Status
Not open for further replies.

SemperFi71

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-smith-and-wesson-model-63-22-caliber.1936267/
Item Name: FS Smith and Wesson Model 63 .22 Caliber

Zip Code: 30728

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $800

Caliber: .22

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Original model 63 , 4inch barrel, Stainless Steel with beautiful wood grips. purchased new by my father in 1979. Was part of his gun collection and has set in a gun safe for the last 38 years. It has never been fired and doesn't have a scratch in it. Beautiful revolver! $800 firm.

Pictures:
image-jpg.1319583

image-jpg.1319584

image-jpg.1319585

image-jpg.1319586

image-jpg.1319587

Nice-lookin' "Kit Gun"! Do you know who did the Gunsmithing on it? I'm referring to the smoothed & rounded Trigger & the Ball-Detent Crane Lock...Also wondering if it's had an "Action Job" concurrent with all the other "Work"? Thanks....mikey357
Not really sure who did the custom work as it was undoubtedly done when I was a child. My father had a large gun collection, consisting of various older lever action rifles, WWll area weapons and Smith and Wesson revolvers. He had numerous "customized" revolvers that have apparently never been fired.

I'm curious as well. It's a beautiful gun, but I'm seeing other indications other than never fired.
Well on my father's death bed, I noticed he was whispering like he wanted to tell me something important, so I leaned down and said what father, what? And he said son, that's what he called me, son, and I said yes and he said " I adopted you from a female Cambodian immigrant I meet while in Nam, thats why you don't look like me or who you thought was your mother..and one more thing son, and i again said what father, what? And he said son, the nice old model 63 in the gun safe has never been fired since I've owned it and I bought it new. I immediately said, father, father, how can it be? Why in the world would you modify such a revolver and never have fired it? Than he took his last breath and went to be with the good Lord without me knowing the answer to that question. I have often laid awake at night and wondered, why, why in the world would he have not shot that revolver. I know out of the 53 Smith and Wesson revolvers he had in his collection, most of which were also modified, why in the world would he have never fired that revolver. I knew though that I had to let go of the anger and disbelief of that question or it would consume my life and ruin it so, I moved on. That is until now when you have rekindled that bad episode in my life I have tried so hard to put behind me. Thanks a lot man!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom