• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS Springfield Armory 1911-A1 Mil-Spec

Mark IV

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-springfield-armory-1911-a1-mil-spec.1761441/
Item Name: FS Springfield Armory 1911-A1 Mil-Spec

Zip Code: 31909

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $600

Caliber: .45acp

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Hey guys, here's another installment in my on-going herd thinning campaign.
What we have here is a govt-sized, stainless steel 1911-A1 Mil-Spec, from Springfield Armory. This one has the more desirable NM serial number, having been made right up the road in Geneseo, Illinois, USA, rather than by Imbel in Brazil
( though there's absolutely nothing wrong with the Brazillian-made pistols, people just seem to prefer the US-made ones, so I'm playing it up! )
I bought the pistol virtually brand new from an Army captain down here on Ft. Benning, several years ago, and it's still in excellent condition, with only very light surface scuffs from normal, careful use.
The pistol shoots straight as a laser beam, and runs 100% flawlessly (I can't stress either of those enough, this really is a spectacular pistol.)
In fact, I've TRIED to find an ammo it doesn't like, and have run a wider range of ammo through this than any other pistol I've ever owned, but it eats absolutely everything.
I've put right about 900 flawless rounds through it, from ultra-lightweight frangible rounds, to Russian and Baltic steel cased, Federal aluminum cased, some grubby old US mil-surp, Czech S&B, German Geko, Philippine Armscor, Italian Fiocchi and Perfecta, Winchester and Federal hollow-points, most of the common US-made FMJ's, and I forget what else.
The pistol comes with the original hard case and whatever papers and other stuff are in it, both factory magazines, both factory grip sets (1 cocobolo, 1 black synthetic), plus an extra 8-rd Novak magazine (the pistol runs flawlessly with all these mags, as well as any others I've used in it.
I'll also include about 200 rounds of ammo (a full box of Winchester hollow points, and about 150 rds of various other FMJ's (Federal, etc.)
Since the below photo was taken, I've installed a Greider 3-hole long-pull trigger, (but still have the original). No other mods, or stupid stuff has been done to it (like "polished internals" or amateur "trigger jobs".)
Edit: I remembered last night that I'd replaced the A1 arched mainspring housing (backstrap) with an old-style flat backstrap, that I got free from a guy on the 1911 forum, who made the opposite switch on his Springfield, and didn't need the old one anymore. I still have the original,as well.
Sorry, no trades. Buyer must be legal to own firearms, and be a legal Georgia resident, with valid ID. As always, I'll show my Ga DL and carry permit. I'm fine with a bill-of-sale, or not.
Must meet down here very close to me, in north Columbus, or SW Harris county (now unfortunately, what that means is, that I can NOT meet you half way between here and Valdosta, Savanah, Marietta, Rome, Warner Robbins, Athens, Albany, Brunswick, Waycross, Dalton, Unadilla, Milledgeville, Jekyll Island,etc.etc. :becky:).
I think that covers it, but feel free to ask for more info.
Thanks for looking.........

Pictures:
sa-1911-1-jpg.1742618

sa-1911-2-jpg.1742619

Back
Top Bottom