• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS Springfield TRP 1911

CQB27

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-springfield-trp-1911.2536376/
Item Name: FS Springfield TRP 1911

Zip Code: 30161

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $1300

Caliber: 45 ACP

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Springfield TRP......$1300
Like New, Don't know the exact round count but it ain't much
2 Tripp Cobra 8 round mags
2 Chip McCormic 8 round mags
2 Springfield Armory 7 round mags
Box/Dox/All OEM Parts that have been replaced included.
Replaced Parts Include.......

SA Hammer and Strut, Disconnector, Sear replaced with John Harrison Commander Hammer Ignition Kit (Tool Steel Hammer/Strut, Sear,Disconnector)

SA Magwell with Key Lock Guts replaced with Kimber 20 LPI Flat MSP with Lanyard Loop and Ed Brown MSH Internals.

SA Two Piece Guide Rod and Recoil Plug replaced with Ed Brown GI Guide Rod and Recoil Plug and Wolff Standard 16.5 pound Recoil Spring

SA Ambi Safety replaced with Harrison Design Retro Single Sided Safety

SA Long Trigger replaced with Harrison Design Extreme Service Short Trigger

SA Gray G10 Magwell Grips replaced with VZ Black Cherry Double Diamond Beveled Grips

SA Torx Grip Screws replaced wit Ed Brown Standard Grip Screws

How it looked from the factory.........Top Pic

How it looks now.........The Rest of the Pics

Pictures:
trp-jpg.3307396

trp1-jpg.3307404

trp2-jpg.3307407

One of my favorite pistols (base gun) with "dream team" of upgrades. Very nice. All your work fitting parts? Really great looking package.
I fit the Harrison Design thumb safety. The Harrison Design thumb safeties come over sized in all dimensions, so I had to do some fitting on the down stop, retaining slot and of course the sear block.

The Harrison Design Ignition Kit dropped in, like every Harrison Design Ignition Kit I have ever bought. John Harrison pre-fits the full kits (hammer, sear, disconnector) on in spec jigs, so if your pistol was manufactured to the correct specs you end up with a 3 pound trigger pull that's a smooth as glass. I have purchased 5 or so full kits for Springfield Armory and Colt 1911's and every single one has been a drop in fit with a trigger that settles around 3 lbs, maybe a little less.

The hammer strut pin and trigger are oversized too, so they have to be fit. But, in both cases we are talking about stoning a little here and there, not much work really.

The Kimber MSH dropped in with no fitting required. This is the second Kimber Warrior Lanyard MSH I have used and both have been within spec and dropped in really nicely fit wise.

The rest of the parts (recoil plug/spring, grips/grip screws) as you know are all plug and play.

I did get a PM question about the finish and sights so I will go ahead and repeat the answer here. The sights are OEM. I compared the tritium brightness with a Glock Gen 5 that is less than 2 years old. Side by side the Springfield sights are just a bit, almost imperceptible really, dimmer than the Glock OEM sights. The finish is Springfield OEM Black T, the pistol has not been refinished.

One more potato phone pic, before the short trigger arrived. The gun actually looks much better in real life.

TRP3.jpg

Wickedly impressed.
Maybe I'll shoot it tomorrow, then post a pic if the target, show you what it can do. I was really impressed the first time I shot it. I started out a 7 yards just to confirm the 6 o'clock hold and see it I needed to drift the rear sight any. 8 rounds, one hole, dead center 6 o'clock hold. Ok, I expected it to be good, but not that good. I then walked on over the the 8 inch, 6 plate rack and stood at the 100 foot line. Cleared the rack, 6 plates in 6 rounds, shooting as soon as the sights settled on target, so maybe 6 seconds. Now I was really impressed. I finished up shooting a steel IPSC sized silhouette target first at 50 yards, then I backed up to 75 yards, 5 for 5 at 50, 2 for 4 at 75. That misses at 75 were definitely the gun and not me!......................................Ok, it was probably me.

This is the second TRP I have owned. The first was a 3/4 rail bull barrel Operator I had about 6 or 7 years ago. I wasn't really impressed with that gun, mainly because I felt the accuracy was not that good, the pins in the LDA rear sight would walk every time I shot it and the fit (especially the rear of the slide/frame (the rails/extractor/ejector area) wasn't that great. Hey I know it's a production gun, but the fit at the rear slide/frame looked very "Loaded" or "Milspec" model to me. I actually don't care very much for LDA/Bomar type sights on a carry gun, so I was a little biased going in, but I got the gun on the ODT back in the day when a steal of a deal would sit for a few days and you didn't have to stalk the classifieds to keep from missing out. I think I paid $825 for it when retail was around $1100.

This TRP has excellent fit in every area. Slide to lower, rear slide to extractor/ejector/rails, barrel bushing to slide/barrel...it is in the Dan Wesson range as far as fit goes and it's easy to tell it did pass through the hands of somebody over there who took the time to do a little fitting even though it's a production priced gun. I have now idea if this is the way Springfield does business every time now days, or if I just got ahold of an unusually good one but this TRP is really different than the last TRP I had.

I've had two TRPs like this base gun and both were superb. Sub 2" guns at 25 anyway as far as I could prove rested. I stupidly parted with the first, 2nd one I got to gift it to the younger lad on his return from his 1st deployment (AFG).
I have an LB Operator that absolutely can run with the TRPs and my CQB Elite.
Recently acquired a LW Operator that got some upgrades at SACS when it belonged to an Army friend and I've had Derr Precision add a few touches to make it mine.

I've been really impressed by the SA guns albeit I would only go LB/MC Operator and up from there.

This package at $1300 is a helluva deal IMO. I can't be in the market for it but someone could score a way better than stock TRP for a TRP price.

btw 20 LPI for the win!

btw 20 LPI for the win!

I'm a big fan of 20 LPI on both the front strap and MSH. When ever I hear somebody say "It's too aggressive on my hand", I respond "Well that's only while you are sitting on the couch. Go shoot it and you will likely change your mind about that."

Back
Top Bottom