Davers

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
36   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS Wanted 'Old or Civil War Sites'

Zip Code: 30102

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: up to $50 or a bit more , "Site Depending".

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: This Fall & Winter I'm willing to Pay (amount will depend on the site & Day's allowed).

Basically I looking for places to use my Metal Detector to look for Old Coins or Civil War Relics.

I will be Glad to offer the Land Owner a Sampling of what I dig.

Also I'm in this for the love of History & do not sell anything I dig and Keep everything by 'Site Found'.

No place is to big or small, it just needs to be Old pre 1940 or have had Civil War Actions or Marches in the Area.

Hunted out Camps are welcome to.

Just a desperate relic hunter that started the hobby 50 years to late.

Figured I ask.
Thanks Davers

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
OP - post up some pics of your collection!

My collection is all over the place, I need a 'Relic Room' or more space.

I keep everything 'Civil War' by 'Site Found' ..so a few big cases & lot's of little ones.
That makes displaying harder but I like to know where my stuff was dug.

I got some pic;s on treasure-net in my Albums, but ill try to get some on here ASAP.

My collection is all over the place, I need a 'Relic Room' or more space.

I keep everything 'Civil War' by 'Site Found' ..so a few big cases & lot's of little ones.
That makes displaying harder but I like to know where my stuff was dug.

I got some pic;s on treasure-net in my Albums, but ill try to get some on here ASAP.
Just pulled your album up on treasurenet. I'm on page 4 and all I can say is wow!

Totally unrelated but im curious about the hobby and have come close to buying a cheap detector a couple of times but since i know nothing about them I figured id probably not find anything with those so my question is what would be an acceptable starter rig for someone like me that has a little land and is curious about if there is any hidden history in the ground?

Imo
If you want to give detecting a try (it can be tough but can be exciting as well)
If I was new & had $500 or less , I'd get a Garrett Ace 250 , 300 , 400 ; I believe that would serve you well, then if you 'Get the Bug' you can always upgrade.

I used a $350 Whites machine when I first started in 1998, & found lot's of good stuff, u just got to learn your machine.

Ill say it again , IMO In most cases 'Site trumps machine type' as long as you have a decent quality machine.
GL
Davers

Just pulled your album up on treasurenet. I'm on page 4 and all I can say is wow!

Hey Bud
I really appreciate your interest , as my wife & 9 y/o Could care less about detecting & I usually hunt alone.

Those relics are from many many hours of hunting + ton's of trash.
As you can see , I like being out in Nature as well.
Thanks again
Davers

IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0052.JPG
Are you into relics, coins? Any good finds you can share? I really enjoy the finds posted over on treasurenet.com

Attachments

• IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom