Davers

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
36   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS Wanted 'Old or Civil War Sites'

Zip Code: 30102

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: up to $50 or a bit more , "Site Depending".

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: This Fall & Winter I'm willing to Pay (amount will depend on the site & Day's allowed).

Basically I looking for places to use my Metal Detector to look for Old Coins or Civil War Relics.

I will be Glad to offer the Land Owner a Sampling of what I dig.

Also I'm in this for the love of History & do not sell anything I dig and Keep everything by 'Site Found'.

No place is to big or small, it just needs to be Old pre 1940 or have had Civil War Actions or Marches in the Area.

Hunted out Camps are welcome to.

Just a desperate relic hunter that started the hobby 50 years to late.

Figured I ask.
Thanks Davers

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Is it legal to detect on a WMA or Natl forest?
I agree with hikingthehills hikingthehills , but I feel like it should be legal. And here is why:
@BangBang is allergic to mammal meat. Beef Jerky is one of the many forms of mammal meat. Beef Jerky is often carried in pockets. Coins are also carried in pockets. Therefore, it stands to reason that coins and beef jerky could be found in the same areas as both could fall out of pockets easily. In order to keep the woods safe for @BangBang and other mammal meat intolerants, we need to find all of the beef jerky in the woods and remove it. Since there is no such thing as a beef jerky detector, one must locate the coins that likely fell out at the same time as the jerky. If you decide to go detecting on a WMA or Natnl forest, just print this thread and show it to any authority that may question your actions. I'm pretty sure it will all work out just fine.

Thanks for the kind words Davers. I had my best bullet day to date in Acworth which included some pretty rare .45 colts.

Na Man , I meant it , not kissing up.
I know Good Relic hunters when I see them , I'd like to Magnet fish but there is Way to much trash in these Metro Atlanta Creeks.

I been invited to hunt Creeks in the NW Ga Counties, just need to get that fishing Kayak & Water Detector.

That's Good & Bad to hear about the 45 colts , Good you found them & bad I missed them so close to home. More Good tho.

I have pulled a few 'Watervliet Arsenal' 44 cal types in S Bartow Co., a few years back. & Some 'suspect 22 cal Civil War Bullets.'.
GL & Best Wishes.

Too bad I dinged it up digging out the plug. I'm still beyond excited to have found it. The coin below it I think was a wheat penny that got hammered out. It had very little details left on it.

I was wondering about that one myself, There is nothing I despise more than Striking my target when digging.
I have a few Minnies & Enfield bullets buried around the house cause of 'Digger Kisses'.

You guys are seriously cool. Subbed and can't wait for more stories and pictures.

As a kid I got a hold of some cheap detector and found normal coins and some jewelry, nothing crazy. I had a lot of fun. Did a lot of reading on treasure off the coast of FL after big storms. Sadly I never made it, nor did I ever upgrade my gear and continue detecting.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom