Davers

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
36   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS Wanted 'Old or Civil War Sites'

Zip Code: 30102

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: up to $50 or a bit more , "Site Depending".

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: This Fall & Winter I'm willing to Pay (amount will depend on the site & Day's allowed).

Basically I looking for places to use my Metal Detector to look for Old Coins or Civil War Relics.

I will be Glad to offer the Land Owner a Sampling of what I dig.

Also I'm in this for the love of History & do not sell anything I dig and Keep everything by 'Site Found'.

No place is to big or small, it just needs to be Old pre 1940 or have had Civil War Actions or Marches in the Area.

Hunted out Camps are welcome to.

Just a desperate relic hunter that started the hobby 50 years to late.

Figured I ask.
Thanks Davers

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I agree with hikingthehills hikingthehills , but I feel like it should be legal. And here is why:
@BangBang is allergic to mammal meat. Beef Jerky is one of the many forms of mammal meat. Beef Jerky is often carried in pockets. Coins are also carried in pockets. Therefore, it stands to reason that coins and beef jerky could be found in the same areas as both could fall out of pockets easily. In order to keep the woods safe for @BangBang and other mammal meat intolerants, we need to find all of the beef jerky in the woods and remove it. Since there is no such thing as a beef jerky detector, one must locate the coins that likely fell out at the same time as the jerky. If you decide to go detecting on a WMA or Natnl forest, just print this thread and show it to any authority that may question your actions. I'm pretty sure it will all work out just fine.

They like to keep all that modern lead & Trash piling up in our States / US Forrest's & WMA , Relics are rotting away, yet they can build a Sub-Division on some of the Last Earth-Works left in Cobb County, Well at-least they "Try" to build around them. lol

I agree the 'Jerky' has got to go.

IMO These laws were enacted to protect 'mostly' Native American Sites , Especially Burial ones, & historic Battles, I under -stand that but COME ON!

You guys are seriously cool. Subbed and can't wait for more stories and pictures.

As a kid I got a hold of some cheap detector and found normal coins and some jewelry, nothing crazy. I had a lot of fun. Did a lot of reading on treasure off the coast of FL after big storms. Sadly I never made it, nor did I ever upgrade my gear and continue detecting.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Cool.
Ill see if I can 'Slap' a few pictures up , cause seeing is better than hearing about stuff.
I never made that dream trip to the Beach after even a Little Storm.
Maybe Someday.

Man you got some nice Finds .
Are the Quarters 'Water' Finds.
Sweet Gold Ring , Silver Half , Really love the Dropped Gardner & The US Plate.
I have not found 1 dropped Gardner , a few fired ones, & only 3-4 Big 69 Cal's in GA , (Or anywhere) all fired as well.

What's your area of Op's ? ..If you don't mind , County 's
Mainly Cobb, Cherokee and Bartow. Soon as it cools off I'll have the AtPro back again. The silver quarters came from the dirt about 5 feet from each other. The only ones I have found.

Na Man , I meant it , not kissing up.
I know Good Relic hunters when I see them , I'd like to Magnet fish but there is Way to much trash in these Metro Atlanta Creeks.

I been invited to hunt Creeks in the NW Ga Counties, just need to get that fishing Kayak & Water Detector.

That's Good & Bad to hear about the 45 colts , Good you found them & bad I missed them so close to home. More Good tho.

I have pulled a few 'Watervliet Arsenal' 44 cal types in S Bartow Co., a few years back. & Some 'suspect 22 cal Civil War Bullets.'.
GL & Best Wishes.
Glad we have some many people that are interested in detecting. I've always wanted to try magnet fishing. Have you ever had any luck pulling anything cool up?

Mainly Cobb, Cherokee and Bartow. Soon as it cools off I'll have the AtPro back again. The silver quarters came from the dirt about 5 feet from each other. The only ones I have found.

Ahhh.
Basically the same area I hunt in , not so much in Cherokee , less Civil War Action there but More Coins cause of less hunting.

If you ever wanna 'Scout' an area let me know , def, need some cooler Weather.

P.S. You got to love those Silver Coin Spills.

Hey Davers, if you're interest in detecting with somebody, id like to get after it with somebody else. I'm stationed at Fort Benning, and as you already know, there's no such thing as public land in GA or AL. It would be nice to share that frustration with somebody, along with the excitement of getting into areas and finding some good stuff! I also am interested in prospecting and have 2 good nugget shooters to use. (I also shoot guns lol). Being stationed here, I don't know anybody/have family to get access to properties, nor know anybody that enjoys detecting that would want to go detecting with me. Let me know. Oh, I also have been doing extensive research on treasure legends locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom