• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ft. Benning Rifle Matches

Greg_D

Default rank <1500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
72   0
Reaction score
The Army Marksmanship Unit is going to run matches on their ranges that civilian shooters will be able to participate in. The first three matches are scheduled for February 18, March 4, and April 1. The February 18 match will be held on Easley Range but the March and April matches will be held on McAndrews Range.

The match format for each event will be one 300 yard mid-range prone slow fire and two 600 yard mid-range slow fire matches. The reason for the 300 yard match is to allow those shooters who do not have good zeros to get them at 300 yards and also identify any shooters whose firearms and/or ability make it impractical for them to continue to shoot at the 600 yard line.

The match will be open to service, match, Palma, F-class,and Mid-Range Tactical (AR) rifle.

Fort Benning requires that firearms be registered before being brought onto the installation. Attached is a blank registration form and a sample filled-in registration form. The completed forms need to be mailed to me at James A. Youmans, P.O. Box 1562, Fortson, GA 31808-1562. I will be the sponsor and will get the forms signed. I will return a copy to shooters via fax or email and will hand out the original forms at the match. Shooters who want to go on post and register their firearms themselves can do so prior to the match. Old registrations are still valid if you have the stamped copy of the form. The MPs did not retain copies of the old registration forms, so those who registered their firearms but do not have copies of the form must register their guns again.

Shooters who do not have military, retired military, or DOD civilian employee ID cards must get a pass before going on post, including the vehicle driver and all passengers. These passes are only dispensed at the I-185 gate. There is a small white trailer under a large metal shed on the right side of the road about 200 yards before the main check point. One only needs a state issued ID card or driver's license to obtain a pass. The process takes as little as 10 minutes or as much as 30 minutes depending on the number of people in line to obtain passes. Do not take firearms or firearms registration forms into the visitor pass center.

You should not tell anyone that you have firearms in your possession unless you are specifically asked by a member of law enforcement.

for more information contact:
Gus Youmans mailto:guscpa@gmail.com

More Match INFO: http://forum.accurateshooter.com/th...lass-and-mid-range-tactical-ar-rifle.3919582/

Subscribed. Can't make any of the first three dates as I'm already on base for other duties but would like to keep an eye out for any upcoming ones I can participate in.

In Canada I know they do these types of mixed matches at bases all the time. This is the first I've heard of it in the US though.

Subscribed. Hopefully I can get to one of these.

In Canada I know they do these types of mixed matches at bases all the time. This is the first I've heard of it in the US though.

Subscribed. Hopefully I can get to one of these.
There are matches just about every weekend within 2hrs of Atlanta.
PM me if you are interested. Let me know which type of rifle and what format you are looking for.
I shoot:
--NRA High Power Across the Course(XTC) Matches
--NRA High Power Mid-Range Matches
--CMP High Power Across the Course(XTC) Matches (EIC) LINK
--CMP GSM (Garand, Springfield '03, Vintage, Modern Military) 200yrd Matches
--M1A 200yrd Match, River Bend Gun Club Mar 4th & Sept 30th LINK

There are matches just about every weekend within 2hrs of Atlanta.
PM me if you are interested. Let me know which type of rifle and what format you are looking for.
I shoot:
--NRA High Power Across the Course(XTC) Matches
--NRA High Power Mid-Range Matches
--CMP High Power Across the Course(XTC) Matches (EIC) LINK
--CMP GSM (Garand, Springfield '03, Vintage, Modern Military) 200yrd Matches
--M1A 200yrd Match, River Bend Gun Club Mar 4th & Sept 30th LINK

Hadn't checked that. I'll be at the M1A match on the 4th.

Back
Top Bottom