• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FT /FS Barn/shed on skids cheap

BobcatMan

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/ft-fs-barn-shed-on-skids-cheap.1388787/
Item Name: FT/FS Barn/shed on skids cheap

Zip Code: 30188

Item is for: 500 or trade
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Glock 9/45/357sig, smith, sig, hk, 300blk, ammo, open to other offers

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Used as a chicken coop, no chickens anymore. You must pick it up. It has electical run, outlets and lights and an old as window unit. 10x16 with a max height on blocks is 11 feet in the middle. It has a second floor as well.

Pictures:
20170323_174908-jpg.1110410

20170323_174958-jpg.1110411

20170324_120803.jpg
20170324_120810.jpg

My brother says he's very interested. The only sticking point is finding out how to deliver it, and at what cost.
I'm thinking a flatbed tow truck with a winch. Can such a truck reach this building on your property? I'm PM'ing you with my contact info.

My brother says he's very interested. The only sticking point is finding out how to deliver it, and at what cost.
I'm thinking a flatbed tow truck with a winch. Can such a truck reach this building on your property? I'm PM'ing you with my contact info.
Working on the same issue with a few other people. it got back her so it can surely get out. i am going to call a few places that sell prefab buildings today and try and get more info on moving it, if there closed today ill have to find out monday. It would be way easier to use a mover but I'm sure a tilting deckover trailer for equipment would work, just have to use cumalongs or a winch to pull it up on there.

I'm calling some tow truck and equipment rental places now.
The first one said that the law won't allow anything to overhang the sides of a tow truck, and the standard tow truck bed is 8 foot wide. They can't carry any 10 foot wide loads.

They said the companies that deliver prefabricated storage sheds have special equipment. I googled this image:

shed delivery trailer.jpg

Here's a Youtube video of a specialized trailer (very low to ground) being used to pick up a storage building.
It's a trailer with a deck that lifts and tilts for loading and to let the people secure the skids to the deck after it's loaded and tipped upward, before lowering it to "highway configuration" orientation.

But then, THIS guy does it with a standard flatbed (Jerr-Dan) tow truck. The deck looks to be over waist-high, probably 42" or so. The building overhangs his truck's loading deck, but who cares? The SKIDS of the building are less than 8 feet apart, so it doesn't matter if the rest of the building is a few feet wider.

But then, THIS guy does it with a standard flatbed (Jerr-Dan) tow truck. The deck looks to be over waist-high, probably 42" or so. The building overhangs his truck's loading deck, but who cares? The SKIDS of the building are less than 8 feet apart, so it doesn't matter if the rest of the building is a few feet wider.
I wonder if thats a legal loophole, since the bottom is touching not he sides, its really not 10ft wide by law. I just called big tex to see if they rent trailers. the kind i had in mind that would be perfect is the pic below, then just need a winch or 2 cumalongs and good teamwork to get it on there. once at location it would be way easier to position with a gooseneck trailer, could use landscape rounds underneath the shed if it needed to be moved more once off the trailer. If the new location has space to use a tree, truck tractor etc as an anchor , the trailer could be tilted and drive the truck/trailer out from under it.

t8-deckover-tilt-trailer-gooseneck.jpg

It would take a full day and some oak lumber but with one hydraulic jack and blocks you could slowly raise the shed up with jacks and blocks and then back a low rise flat bed trailer under it. Unload using the same jack and lumber, by jacking up, driving trailer out from under, then gradually lowering down by removing blocks.

It would take a full day and some oak lumber but with one hydraulic jack and blocks you could slowly raise the shed up with jacks and blocks and then back a low rise flat bed trailer under it. Unload using the same jack and lumber, by jacking up, driving trailer out from under, then gradually lowering down by removing blocks.
well said

Back
Top Bottom