• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ft Jackson solider

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 9 weeks and he's at jackson. He will be alright. BCT is not hard. Especially jackson. Dont send him a care package until he gets to AIT. He wont be able to have any of it.

I sent my son tissues and razors. It's allowed. It's relaxin Jackson

Ait they have almost every weekend free at least myn did only suck thing was weren't allowed having their cars and cabs were costly!

My son said basic was way easy but it isn't for everyone. Some seem emotional about being detached

I sent my son tissues and razors. It's allowed. It's relaxin Jackson

Ait they have almost every weekend free at least myn did only suck thing was weren't allowed having their cars and cabs were costly!

My son said basic was way easy but it isn't for everyone. Some seem emotional about being detached

In my day the DI would kick ass and take names..Today our men and women are trained with more skills and supplied much better than we were..As stated above he will be a better man! He is lucky the DI's are not like they used to be.

In my day the DI would kick ass and take names..Today our men and women are trained with more skills and supplied much better than we were..As stated above he will be a better man! He is lucky the DI's are not like they used to be.

Somewhere along the line some good idea fairy whispered to an officer that feelings matter. It's a kinder gentler Army.

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought you had a soldier you didn't need any more and wanted to trade for something.

FORT Jackson soldier reads different than Ft Jackson soldier. :usa:

Your friend will do just fine, he has team mates that will all work together to make sure of that.

Prayers to him and hope he makes many lifetime memories and relationships while property of Uncle Sam .

Somewhere along the line some good idea fairy whispered to an officer that feelings matter. It's a kinder gentler Army.
I heard multiple years ago new recruits, were given an opt out card, when they arrived at Boot. What the hell has this world come to..Military is not a Pic Nick fun time, you have a duty to Serve and Protect..Suck it up snowflakes!

Nope they are allowed my son just did basic will be 3 years in August
Send . Paper. stamps. Tissues. Razors. Butt wipes

They call it "relaxin Jackson"
Prayers sent. Went to see one of my nephews graduate basic at Ft. Jackson, my son who is a little older than him and was a Sr. Airman in the USAF at the time was with us at the ceremonies. We've been on numerous military bases because of all the nephews and my son being in the Air Force & Army and we've never been treated so badly as we were at Ft. Jackson. They had MP's standing about every 50 yards watching the cars pulling out of the parking areas and patroling all over the base, I got pulled over in a school zone while looking for my nephews barracks and given a dang speeding ticket saying I was 10 mph OVER the posted limit and I was actually 5 mph UNDER the limit. Then when my wife needed to use a restroom some snotty ass female 1st Sgt wouldn't allow her in the restroom but was allowing other women in there. Two SSGT's gave my son a hard time just because he was in his Air Force uniform, my truck had an "Air Force Dad" tag on the front too and the MP who wrote that ticket was approaching from the front and did a u-turn to pull me over. In my opinion all this happened because we were an Air Force family on an Army base. I was also wearing an Air Force hat that got me quite a few dirty looks from Army personnel. Never got treated like that at Ft. Benning, Ft. Stewart or Ft. Knox and always got treated like family on Air Force bases. This all happened in 2008 and we weren't the only ones getting treated like **** either, a lot of folks were pissed about the way they were being treated, it was like we were all the enemy or something. I sure hope they treat visitors better than that now. Good luck to your son and his friend, I hope they both do great things in their military careers.

Prayers sent. Went to see one of my nephews graduate basic at Ft. Jackson, my son who is a little older than him and was a Sr. Airman in the USAF at the time was with us at the ceremonies. We've been on numerous military bases because of all the nephews and my son being in the Air Force & Army and we've never been treated so badly as we were at Ft. Jackson. They had MP's standing about every 50 yards watching the cars pulling out of the parking areas and patroling all over the base, I got pulled over in a school zone while looking for my nephews barracks and given a dang speeding ticket saying I was 10 mph OVER the posted limit and I was actually 5 mph UNDER the limit. Then when my wife needed to use a restroom some snotty ass female 1st Sgt wouldn't allow her in the restroom but was allowing other women in there. Two SSGT's gave my son a hard time just because he was in his Air Force uniform, my truck had an "Air Force Dad" tag on the front too and the MP who wrote that ticket was approaching from the front and did a u-turn to pull me over. In my opinion all this happened because we were an Air Force family on an Army base. I was also wearing an Air Force hat that got me quite a few dirty looks from Army personnel. Never got treated like that at Ft. Benning, Ft. Stewart or Ft. Knox and always got treated like family on Air Force bases. This all happened in 2008 and we weren't the only ones getting treated like **** either, a lot of folks were pissed about the way they were being treated, it was like we were all the enemy or something. I sure hope they treat visitors better than that now. Good luck to your son and his friend, I hope they both do great things in their military careers.

MP's are just assholes. They treat everyone like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom