• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FT Looking to see if there is any integrity left here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am going to end with this. Thank you all for adding your thoughts to this post, and yes my point has been made. Troy9749 stated why trade with me when he can make enough money on gunbroker by selling "a" stripped lower (meaning 1) or 10 Pmags. The answer to this is simple, we all gather here for a common interest which is firearms and our right to keep them, and the right to keep the government away from them. I am not here to make money, or take advantage of anyone's need. I am here to trade with people and buy and sell with people who have the same passion that I do. I have made some trades and bought and sold with members here, and I have met some great people. When I trade it is to get something new and finding someone who is in the same situation it has never been about making money. For whatever reason, because of the scare recently it has become all about the money everywhere I turn, in our favorite local gunshops and pawn shops to all over the internet. I am disappointed in this, that things can take such a rapid decline even in an environment that was created for people with a passion, and a strong belief in the right to protect our lives and families this post was not meant to hurt any feeling. It was meant to hopefully help us not to lose sight why we are here. I am not looking to trade that is correct Galvatron. I was doing nothing more than making an attempt to keep something I enjoy away from the darkside. Thank you all for listening.

Well played.

From Wiki...

Free-market capitalism refers to an economic system where prices for goods and services are set freely by the forces of supply and demand and are allowed to reach their point of equilibrium without intervention by government policy. It typically entails support for highly-competitive markets, private ownership of productive enterprises. Laissez-faire is a more extensive form of free-market capitalism where the role of the state is limited to protecting property rights.

Next time you feel the need to try and make a point please do it elsewhere on this site.
I would have glady dumped 10-12 pmags for this pistol for two reasons. First, 10 mags my cost $125, your Glock value about 450-500. I'd call that a win. Second, PMAGS will eventually crap out and be worthless, Glock pistol will go bang forever. Any one willing to trade crummy mags for actual firearms is insane and I'm willing to "profit" from their insanity(stupidity). This is not the place to discuss a market driven economy, sorry.
Rob

Wow this went from the sublime to the realm of the ridiculous. I actually look at all these threads selling Pmags for exorbitant prices and shudder to think that someone is trying to gouge another. But no one is twisting their arm. They can pay it or not. It's not like their electric bill doubled. It is a supply and demand thing for sure. I would not sell at the current price point nor would I buy at that point. Having said that there may come a time when I will have to pay considerably more for the items that I need but now is not that time.
Did anyone not see this coming? Why did some people wait until the last moment or until it is too late? These are the same people that are out today still looking for Christmas gifts as we speak.

Last edited:
Next time you feel the need to try and make a point please do it elsewhere on this site.
I would have glady dumped 10-12 pmags for this pistol for two reasons. First, 10 mags my cost $125, your Glock value about 450-500. I'd call that a win. Second, PMAGS will eventually crap out and be worthless, Glock pistol will go bang forever. Any one willing to trade crummy mags for actual firearms is insane and I'm willing to "profit" from their insanity(stupidity). This is not the place to discuss a market driven economy, sorry.
Rob

Apology accepted, and quit calling me Rob.

I'm staying out of the ar market all together right now, but it is what it is, and I won't pretend it isn't. If anyone wants one of my AR's, lowers, or mags I'm going to expect going rate. Those of us old enough to remember Cabbage Patch Kids, original Power Rangers, it was Zhu Zhu pets and few years ago, every video game system the first Christmas it's out, this is the textbook definition of supply and demand in a free market economy. Everything is worth what someone will pay. I'm a Republican voter with a Libertarian heart and this is at the core of my beliefs. I think it's crap, so I'm not playing, but you can't expect me to ignore the rules of the game because you don't like them.

I wouldn't trade my 1911, for a lower and 10 pmags, but I wouldn't expect you to give me 10 lowers for it right now, so it'll just stay on my hip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom