• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fuel Filter modified into a Silencer

Right, because clearly that’s what’s going on here...
I agree it is the setup for a unregistered silencer. Could this be a front for the ATF, inquiring minds would like to know . . .
That was my reference to the "Once blessed by the almighty" (little a) and the part about which part to engrave so as to be completely legal. I did question if I had to send the parts to an FFL so as not to have the issues of all the parts to build but not the stamp. Or just not buy parts until the stamp is in hand.

ATF has said that after you wear out your first registered oil (or fuel) filter silencer, you cannot put another one on your gun. Doing so would be acquiring silencer parts not approved in your Form 1. Suppressor parts are the same as silencers in the NFA's legal scheme.

Only a class 3 SOT manufacturer can replace worn silencer parts.

DSCN0620__13132.1431723378.200.200.JPG
Works great with oil filter,, A friend told me

ATF has said that after you wear out your first registered oil (or fuel) filter silencer, you cannot put another one on your gun. Doing so would be acquiring silencer parts not approved in your Form 1. Suppressor parts are the same as silencers in the NFA's legal scheme.

Only a class 3 SOT manufacturer can replace worn silencer parts.

Ok, there is where I just bailed out. If I cannot "recore" it, then it is a definite no-go. Thanks for that most important bit of info. Government and the ATF just take so much fun out of things.

Back
Top Bottom