• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fuel in air filter box (atv)?

It has only had non ethanol since I have had it, just over 5 years now. So, I just need to change the oil/filter and everything should be okay? It has been sitting for probably 2-3 months.

Replace Oil and oil filter. I would pull the carb and spray it down with cleaner and reinstall.
I would also put a shut off valve in the fuel line to the carb, if you don't already have one.
Done riding for the day, shut the fuel off. I know guys that have bad needles in their lawn mowers and shut them down when finished. Been doing it for years, but....if you forget....gas has been known to blow up on occasion, or best case, cylinder fills with gas, plug is soaked, no ignition and you bend a rod or blow a head gasket.

Get it fixed and install a shutoff valve.

It has only had non ethanol since I have had it, just over 5 years now. So, I just need to change the oil/filter and everything should be okay? It has been sitting for probably 2-3 months.
depends. something caused it to flood out. you can try and change the oil, treat the fuel with about 3 to 5 oz of marvel and ride it for about an hour. turn your fuel off when you park it. if its the needle and seat leaking, it may flood when you are riding it. if so, you will need to clean the carb. if its just a little sticky, the marvel may solve the problem. with the marvel treated gas,dont drain the carb or run it dry. the marvel will clean and dissolve the gum in the carb as it sits.

This happened to my polaris. I don't remember exactly what it was, but there was some seal that failed and allowed the fuel and oil to mix. Your crankcase is likely now a fuel oil mix as well. This one is a good repair for a qualified mechanic.

Back
Top Bottom