• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fuel Injectors at 39,500 Miles?!

Black Mountain Industries

Default rank <1500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
86   0
Reaction score
You read that right. My 2017 5.3 Silverado that I've owned since June 2017, not even two years, needs 3 fuel injectors. Of course, as luck would have it this is just 3k miles outside of the bumper to bumper warranty. The dealer quoted $1,800 to change out all 4 in the bank... Has anyone else had this happen in such a short period of time? I've routinely put fuel injector cleaner in the fuel tank after each oil change. It's just frustrating after spending so much coin on a truck and having to go through repairs this early in its life.

I’ll be the first to say,it’s a Chevy what do you expect? Their quality is definetly not what it used to be,and neither is their customer service.

I’ve driven plenty of 90’s Chevys with hundreds of thousands of miles without injector issues,and my current Toyota has 185k with no issues either

I would push back and call Corporate until the issue was resolved to my satisfaction

I’ll be the first to say,it’s a Chevy what do you expect? Their quality is definetly not what it used to be,and neither is their customer service.

I’ve driven plenty of 90’s Chevys with hundreds of thousands of miles without injector issues,and my current Toyota has 185k with no issues either

I would push back and call Corporate until the issue was resolved to my satisfaction
I owned a Tacoma for 6 years and never had an issue with it. Considering shopping around for another.

That is the first year for the direct injection engine in the trucks. The injectors are in the cylinder head, not the intake manifold. Several makers are having issues with the direct injected gas engines.

Something's isn't right about that. They shouldn't fail at that mileage. Especially 4 at one time. But then again I had a F150 with the 3.5 Ecoboost have two major expensive issues with under 90k miles on it. They use direct injection too. Got rid of it for a 5.0 V8.

Back
Top Bottom