• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fuel problems with 1983 C10 w/ 350 and dual tanks

Been a hectic week! Finally got gas pumping. My "new" pump was bad. I purchased a second NEW pump and since I still had a hose ran to a gas can I just went ahead and connected it that way. Fired right up! Tomorrow we hook it back to the fuel lines and see if the new hoses and valve switch will work. Thanks for all the input! I cant upload the video of it running but it sounds better than an electric F150 for sure. :D
It wouldn't surprise me if alot of mechanical pumps have been on the shelf long enough to have dry rotted diaphragms. ;)

If you do, use a relay to power it. Much safer and actually easier in the long run. IMO
Remove the pushrod from the block and keep the pump if you don't have a block off plate.

Been a hectic week! Finally got gas pumping. My "new" pump was bad. I purchased a second NEW pump and since I still had a hose ran to a gas can I just went ahead and connected it that way. Fired right up! Tomorrow we hook it back to the fuel lines and see if the new hoses and valve switch will work. Thanks for all the input! I cant upload the video of it running but it sounds better than an electric F150 for sure. :D

I bought a new (reman) starter that was bad. It happens....it shouldn't, but it does.

I bought a new (reman) starter that was bad. It happens....it shouldn't, but it does.

If you need a reman starter or alternator I highly recommend Sleepy Hollow Rebuilders out Hwy 20 just west of the Cherokee/Forsyth county line. They build them right there and cost me $85 for my K1500 alternator vs $115 at advance or AutoZone for their rebuilt crap and they warrant their work.

If you need a reman starter or alternator I highly recommend Sleepy Hollow Rebuilders out Hwy 20 just west of the Cherokee/Forsyth county line. They build them right there and cost me $85 for my K1500 alternator vs $115 at advance or AutoZone for their rebuilt crap and they warrant their work.
I agree! Great service and reasonable prices.

I use to own a couple of NAPA stores. When I shut them down it had gone from "Get the Good Stuff' to "Get the Same Chinese Junk'
Sadly true
And it was the same Chinese junk that advance and autozone and Oreilly was selling for half price.

the Napa near me used to have much higher quality parts and higher quality people. People working there who actually knew stuff about cars. Instead of the Burger King rejects at advance and autozone .
But that Napa closed .

Sears had the same problem before they went out of business .
the craftsman tools were pretty good , made in the US and had a lifetime warranty. Break it and they have you a new one .

Then they started making all their crap in China and when it broke you didn’t get a New, one you got a used one from a shoebox under the cash register.

but they kept charging the same price as the made in the US tools

if I’m gonna wind up with Chinese tools I’m heading to harbor freight or northern where I Can get China tools for the China price.

Back
Top Bottom