• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Full auto trouble

Holy cow! A thread from 2012, from a member who is banned, and we are still giving him advice?! My advice is to check on him and bubba in prison. I hear they are doing well! lol

Holy cow! A thread from 2012, from a member who is banned, and we are still giving him advice?! My advice is to check on him and bubba in prison. I hear they are doing well! lol

I thought he wasn't banned anymore, just didn't want to come back?

In theory one person's possession of contraband does not equal the guilt of any other person riding in the car with them. And there is no duty to call the cops and turn in your friend just because he possesses something illegal.

The state would have to prove that all of the people in the car intended to engage in criminal behavior and all benefit from the illegal possession of that contraband in some way. Merely knowing about it wouldn't be enough.

However if you shot your friends gun knowing it was an illegal full auto, or even not knowing that but finding out afterward you would you have supplied to the state with a very strong evidence that you and your friend were jointly in possession of this contraband.

But if you never touched it you never shot it and it was strictly his gun for his use at the range not your use that I think you'd be OK --just keep your mouth shut so that the cops don't come looking for you. And if the cops do come looking for you and your friend tell them the truth --tell them your buddy brought this crazy gun along that you didn't expect him to have, and if they want to do something about it they should talk to him, not you.

Look again, he isn't banned, hell he posted yesterday. As far as the prison thing, well he graduated law school and puts people there now.

Back
Top Bottom