• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fun encounter in Macon this afternoon

Macon is confusing. It's like 1 step forward and 2 steps back. They are cleaning up downtown, tearing down crappy houses, trying to clean up schools, but the homeless population has exploded (look at the winners at the I16 exit 1 bridge on gray highway), still 40 homicides a year here, and there are so many god dam new yorkers here now, that they brought their sh***y attitudes with them. I wave at my new neighbors while walking the dogs and they look at me like a d**k is growing out of my forehead. But they'll gladly post signs of warnock and ossoff because they care about humanity so deeply.

Road rage on gray highway in front of baconsfield kroger is nuts. They need to fix that intersection. People just do whatever they want there. Two people have already been killed there jay walking.
The main problem with Macon/Bibb is that they keep getting what they vote for. The current mayor is a ambulance chaser TV commercial lawyer. The one before him was an old leftover Dixiecrat lawyer who did nothing to help Macon. But the mayor before that who was reelected ,C Jack Ellis was a used car salesman that ran Macon thoroughly into the ground. Ellis even converted to Islam at one point and changed his name. He ran industy away by not extending any tax incentives. Then there was the city council. Before the combined gubment around 2011 the Macon Ciry Council had 11 members. Thats more members than cities 2 and 3 times the size of Macon. And each member has been there for many years. Power hungry poverty pimps one and all.
The renovation projects in the downtown area are mostly properties owned by Mercer University or the Medical Center. Mercer is basically just creating a buffer zone between it and the ghetto.
There are still cool places to see in Macon like The Rookery downtown or Rose Hill Cemetery beside the Ocmulgee River. The City Auditorium etc. But all of those places are in some of the wprst parts of Macon. As a whole Macon is a ****hole. Don't mane to offend anyone still living there. But if you DO live there then you already know it.

wesleyan drive area, north Macon, vineville area

Nice areas not sure on crime though. Shirley hills is nice but a ton of petty crime.
Shirley Hills used to be where the old money lived kinda like the neighborhood where Pio Nono runs out into Pierce and Vineville. Hell there used to be a Parade of Homes that started in Shirley Hills. When I was in my early teens I wanted to own a house on or right off of Vineville Ave. That was the place to be back then. Kinda like Ingleside.

About 20 or so years ago in Douglasville, a screwy young girl ran thru a yield sign and almost clipped my fender as I blew my horn, she flipped me off, so I flipped her off which I guess made her madder and she held up some cheap Saturday nite special to scare me (?), I reached over and held up an AK47, I never saw someone punch it getting away as fast as she did LOL. I guess she hasn't been in too many firefights :becky:

Gotcha, so she expired at the intersection. She wasnt shot there. Still scary.

I keep forgetting about all those neighborhoods tucked away in bad places. A log truck rolled over at the intersection of MLK and Esinhower parkway and so the detour was through the hood. You forget those places exist. Behind shirley hills, right before you enter gray highway past wall mart, it gets real suspect.
That's the neighborhood where my high screwel sits.

So you are saying that if you are driving in Macon and going to be armed that you should have multiple revolvers so when you show it and then fire off a few rounds you don't have to worry about stopped and trying to find the shell casings?

Makes sense to me. You know the police are going to stop all the traffic and go up and down the road with magnets and metal detectors so they can find those casings and then have CSI check them for fingerprints and DNA and then they will be knocking on your door with a warrant.
If you plan on "Doin' some work" with a gun then yeah a wheel gun aint a bad way to go. Always put gloves on before you ooen that ammo box and load up.:cool-new: But seriously I really doubt Bibb Co SO does much more than pick up the empty casings and files them away with the case paperwork. All that fancy TV type crime lab costs big money and I don't see Bibb Co doing that for anything less than a high profile double homicide.

Back
Top Bottom