• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fun encounter in Macon this afternoon

Yeah but it's pronounced "Nawfease."
See I grew up one house away from the Southwest parking lot on the old Willingham side. You don't that way for a damn thing now. Funny thing though now we live one street away from the Perry High School. So it's a lot like when I was a kid. Everyday there's dozens of busses going by and I can hear band / football practice.

Just read about that one before lunch. But that's not really Shirley Hills. That's the area right around the I16 on ramp and the Spring Street bridge. BTW... if you keep going under the bridge and down Spring Street the Greyhound station is right there which has NOT helped the situation for a long time.
That's been closed for years man.

letusbuyyourcar letusbuyyourcar .. You have summed things up very well about Macon Georgia. I have no idea what the vision is for the future of their city. Things continue to become run down and the body count continues to go up each year.
No worries, Lester Miller is on the scene and he's a lean, mean, crime fightin' machine.

LOLOLOLOLOL!

His recent MVP (Macon Violence Prevention) announcement is laughable. Full of typical democrat platitudes about being concerned about crime and needing to spend money (funding) to solve and mitigate it but SPECIFICALLY PRECLUDES locking criminals up a part of the "solution." These jackasses deserve to have criminals bused into their neighborhoods so they can rob, rape and kill their family members.

That's the neighborhood where my high screwel sits.

They renovated the hell out of it. It looks like a brand new community college now. I hope that new facility can motivate the teachers to perform and the kids to want to do well. It all starts in the home though.

The grey hound bus station is bad. A company took over that gas station across the street and are putting a new one in, and the old pizza hut is now a business so that is good. I cant wait for the highway construction to be done and they go back to fixing the river walk. Those little things give me hope. Ultimately, its up to individuals to be accountable for themselves, though. Theres only so much gubmint can do for you. People need to quit acting like rap videos and let cooler heads prevail.

Or we just say F it, increase taxes, hire litteraly 200 more cops, increase their salary and training, and give them free reign like what bloomberg did with the NYPD in NYC. That'll turn things around real quick...lol. But then we will have another host of problems after that.

I hope that new facility can motivate the teachers to perform and the kids to want to do well. It all starts in the home though.

200.gif

Back
Top Bottom