• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FYI for anyone with a Suppressor Pending

I hate the BATFE. Let's just arbitrarily change the "rules" to make it more difficult for something we should just be able to buy with a NICS check. I've got a machine gun in the queue that had the forms done by hand so I hope they don't change anymore of their stupid rules.

Thanks for the heads-up since I'm in the market for another .22 supressor.

I’m past a year on 2 , called Monday , wasn’t denied, but wasn’t approved yet either. But I didn’t use a kiosk, or electronic signature.
We will see?

So how widespread is the problem (or potential problem, depending on the whims and attitudes of the particular ATF examiner who is assigned to your case)?

Quote from OP's link:
"Here is the information I have gathered so far, earlier this year ATF was accepting Docu-sign signatures as "legal signatures" from dealers but has since made a change saying they no longer accept the docu-sign as a legal signature."

So, how many dealers use Docu-sign software for their e-signatures?

Guys,

The sky is luckily not falling. The denials some people are getting are a very specific, limited case. In some instances, Docusign let some dealers sign with essentially a typed signature, instead of a signed and adopted one using a mouse or touch screen.

QRF has NEVER used a typed signature on any form, so any purchases through us are completely unaffected. 99.5% of dealers will also fall into that category. It was only a very small amount of dealers who had the issue. SS is fighting that issue now, since the GOV accepts typed signatures across many other departments. But rest assured NO QRF PURCHASES are affected by this.

I hate the BATFE. Let's just arbitrarily change the "rules" to make it more difficult for something we should just be able to buy with a NICS check. I've got a machine gun in the queue that had the forms done by hand so I hope they don't change anymore of their stupid rules.

Thanks for the heads-up since I'm in the market for another .22 supressor.

This issues does not effect new orders. If you need a 22 can please shop @ SilencerShop.com without fear.

I’m past a year on 2 , called Monday , wasn’t denied, but wasn’t approved yet either. But I didn’t use a kiosk, or electronic signature.
We will see?

If you are over a year it will most likely not effect you. If you like please PM me your order numbers and I will review your forms to see if you at risk.

So how widespread is the problem (or potential problem, depending on the whims and attitudes of the particular ATF examiner who is assigned to your case)?

Quote from OP's link:
"Here is the information I have gathered so far, earlier this year ATF was accepting Docu-sign signatures as "legal signatures" from dealers but has since made a change saying they no longer accept the docu-sign as a legal signature."

So, how many dealers use Docu-sign software for their e-signatures?

Very few dealers where effected. This was only a problem for a short period of time last year

If you have an order that is pending i am glad to review your forms if you send me the order numbers

Back
Top Bottom