• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

g19 w/ x300u-b holster choice help

BobcatMan

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
192   0
Reaction score
Ok fellas, i was hoping somebody on here has a bit of experience with g-code & blackpoint tactical. ive reduced my edc's to either my g43 or g19. i have a gearcraft iwb and g-code eclipse for the g43. ive got a gearcraft iwb and bpt leatherwing for the g19. I just ordered an x300u-b and need some advice for owb mainly but also have a question about iwb.

Im pretty sure I'm going to order a g-code eclipse (gun only) and eclipse shadow (with light) for my 19 for iwb but was curious if y'all have any opinions on that vs a bpt mini-wing, it seems like the mini-wing has too much stuff going on, 2 clips, wings, leather that will probably wear out. so i would like some input on that, i love my eclipse for my 43 but that thing is so small that its hard to notice negative/posotive things.

On to OWB which is the most confusing to me. With my bpt leatherwing it tends to allow the grip of my 19 to flop out away from my body unless my belt is on super tight ( 1.75" blackhawk belt). It also has clips wide enough to accommodate about 3 belts thickness. Maybe it flops out because the high mount allows it to be top heavy, but i want it to be high rise so its somewhat concealable. On bpt's website all of the pictured leatherwing w/light holsters are non canted except for one and all the pics in the gssf glock 2017 annual magazine have vertical bpt leather wings. So i started looking at g-codes owb stuff and with their standard OSL they dont have a mount that allows belt level mounting other than a universal belt which i dont like. Maybe at the end of the day i am just going to have to not conceal an owb w light but i would like the ability. Im going to screen shot the 2 setups in my cart at g-code and hopefully y'all can give me some info as to whether you would go with g-code or bpt and which setup ? leatherwing/standard , OSL/OSL RTI. The only belt level mount g-code has is for their OSL RTI and its the gca90 mount, but whats the point in RTI unless I'm going to have multiple mounts, it spaces the gun further further from your belt and i dont really need that extra stuff. The only setup i see that is minimalist from g-code for owb is their gca11 paddle and OSL holster but i really wanted a belt mount.

If y'all have any input on this i would love to hear it as i have to get this stuff ordered tommorow. Im going by bpt in the morning they said they have some holsters i can check out but i just dont see it happening with leatherwing, maybe the standard but i wanna put each on and see if the light is going to dig into a chair with the canted model and see if the standard model still flops out.

Here are some pics of the cart from g-code and of my current bpt, and the only reason I'm not ordering RTI will all the attachments is their stupid high cost.
20170403_173635.jpg

20170403_173857.jpg
20170403_173905.jpg

Attachments

• OSL.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 9
  • RTI.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 6
Also I love my BPT owb mini wing with x300ub for SF Operator 45
the mini-wing is an iwb holster, my incog eclipse is gonna stay here unless u wanna pay what it cost for me to replace it with one that doesn't have "tactical fuzz" on it. the thing is a dog hair magnet. my belt wasn't too tight. would prefer it looser as I'm at home but the gun would sag out too far if i didnt have it pretty snug.

What about the "Vert" from GearCraft?
Those look pretty sweet, ill talk to billie about those when i go see him soon. I know I'm getting the iwb eclipse holsters for my 19, really wishing i could find something for owb that holds the gun tight to the body. For iwb i dont think i want 2 clips, i like the single centered clip that snaps closed via a detent on the backside. Did you check out the OSL and RTI ? I'm thinking the OSL with paddle will hold it in tight but i dont want a paddle, so i may end up going OSL with the duty belt ( half drop) for around the property and basically open carry if i had to. just sucks to spend that kinda money and cant even drive anywere in the state to see one. the armslist guy did a review on his duty belt ( attatchment) but has the SOC holster on it. doesn't look like too much of a drop but seems like it may be hard to drive a vehicle or sit down without the attatchment and/or gun digging into chair.

Finally got my G-code Order in. g19 eclipse w & w/o x300u-b and an RTI OSL for 19 w x300u-b with 3 different mounts. Had to go ahead and get the rti rifle mag pouch too !

20170621_092630.jpg
20170621_092645.jpg

Back
Top Bottom