• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GA DL (or state issued ID) AND GWL

gh1950

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
105   0
Reaction score
I'm all past the sellers asking more than retail, I understand it's their gun and they can ask what they want for it.

But what's with the sudden spate of sellers who insist, sometimes in all caps, that both a Georgia Driver's license AND a Georgia Weapons License are required to purchase their little treasure.

One seller goes so far as to spell it out - "State issued ID" AND Georgia Weapons License (or course they never refer to it as that ).

So whassup wit dat?

It is like “You must have the government’s permission slip” before I will sell to you. Pfft.
i have passed on a ton of ads because they ‘require’ this.
Whether i have this or not is nobodys biz except mine and the poleeze when requested. And recently there is a law saying they cant ask just for the sake of it.

It makes me feel mo' better to see it/them so I know you won't sail the gun to a criminal or use it in a crime yourself.
QDYNC3m.gif

If the seller asks for a carry permit or any other I.D. than a Georgia drivers license, I wouldn't even consider the purchase. That is not the law in the State of Georgia, and I don't consider the request as legal. The ones who ask for it, usually just want to "whip theirs out" like it's a great treasure, and that they are something special. And... most of the time, they don't have much feedback and the item is overpriced because it is stippled or color filled. I usually get much much better pricing from Bud's, even after I pay the fees.

If the seller asks for a carry permit or any other I.D. than a Georgia drivers license, I wouldn't even consider the purchase. That is not the law in the State of Georgia, and I don't consider the request as legal. The ones who ask for it, usually just want to "whip theirs out" like it's a great treasure, and that they are something special. And... most of the time, they don't have much feedback and the item is overpriced because it is stippled or color filled. I usually get much much better pricing from Bud's, even after I pay the fees.
I have even allowed a sailor to photograph mine for his record. I didn't even consider it an inconvenience. He is a known competitive shooter, seemed a decent fellow and was sailing me a Rem 100 Trap for half price. WTH do I care if he wanted a pic?

Back
Top Bottom