• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GA man arrested in NY w firearms, he's screwed

You and your twin brother come on back when you want to get schooled again...

Feel free to learn a few state laws before you try to lamely defend your position

Who is getting schooled? Obviously you are having trouble understanding. Maybe I'm giving you too much credit. I figured you went to medical school and were intelligent enough to follow along with a conversation. My bad.

In case you are unclear, my point was that the law is wrong not the individual. The individual was exercising a right guaranteed to be respected by the Constitution of the United States. NY law has illegally denied that right to said individual and the other American citizens living there. NY has arrested said individual for exercising his Constitutionally protected right. Instead of berating the individual for disobeying an illegal law our ire should more correctly be aimed at the state of NY and their illegal law. By not directing our ire at NY and the law but instead berating the individual for breaking the illegal law shows an error in thinking that is accepting of NY and it's illegal laws. We should correct that error in thinking in order to rally behind a wonderful opportunity to challenge NY's illegal laws in court. Especially now as by the time the case gets to the supreme court we have a real chance to strike down said illegal laws if Trump is successful putting a constitutional conservative on the bench.

image.jpg

Most do... They leave NY...

NY is not a different country. What happens there effects us all whether we live there or not. It is just as, if not more so, important for us to pay attention and challenge what happens in these liberal states so that precedent isnt set that justifies laws like those in other parts of the country. I would rather fight illegal gun laws that effect NY before I have to fight them in Atlanta where they effect me personally. I certainly donate to organizations that say they do but am a little disappointed by recent results to say the least. I believe we need far more offense than backpedaling when it comes to our fight in the court system against unconstitutional overreaches by Gov. And I certainly wont berate any individual for exercising his Constitutionally protected rights whether some government hack wants to deny that individual his right or not. We, as gun owners concerned with individual liberty, need to be better than that in order to present a unified front. I see so many people willing to berate this individual as a "canary in the coal mine" line of thought that shouldn't be present in society and especially not here in this community. Just my 2 cents that I hope people will consider before dismissing it outright as I think this is an important correction in thinking.

I assume this picture is meant to make fun of me and any that agree?

If so, I find that sad. I was rereading a good article written a few years ago that referenced the "fifth column". Its a tactic of war first called the fifth column back in the early 20th century during the Spanish Civil War. Basically describes weakening a country from within using saboteurs and public officials/personas that weaken infrastructure and the populace against an invading force. The article also referenced an Aayn Rand piece where she expanded upon the concept going so far as to call the apathetic and willfully ignorant portion of society unwilling to speak out and threaten their comfortable lives by showing dissent the "Sixth Column". I'll see if I can find the link and come back and post it for you. It may be helpful.

Here ya go.......
https://www.breitbart.com/big-gover...lumnists-attempt-to-undermine-free-countries/

No he didn’t fall on his sword in an honorable attempt to make case law, that would help us all. He made an mistake, possibly just dumb, at best he was just ignorant. But there is no way this can be turned into some type of honorable sacrifice in others behalf.
I do my part by not going to areas that restrict my rights, they don’t get my money, taxes or business. (assuming I know the business is located there) I won’t haul freight there unless they pay me WAYYYYYY more than market value, as of this post I haven’t been offered enough to even tempt me in decades.

Whether he meant to or not an opportunity it is regardless of how he fell on said sword. And I agree, I drove a truck for a few and after my first couple trips I avoided it if I had any choice at all. I wasnt an owner operator so sometimes I had to. I did take the opportunity to stick a 2nd Amendment sticker on the "handguns are illegal" road sign on my way into the state once :).

Back
Top Bottom