• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GA man arrested in NY w firearms, he's screwed

Here ya go just so you know the rules of the road... I made all these illegal laws up in your new favorite state I guess. I got them all passed... It’s all my fault I apologize......

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_New_York

Again, I am not holding you responsible for the laws of NY. Are you okay with NY passing laws like this? Personally, I find it unacceptable that they are able to get away with passing laws like this and while I would protect myself by not openly flaunting them if I had to go there for some outlandish reason I do consider them illegal overreaches that have no validity in law and only at the point of a gun. Which is not the roll of government in a constitutional republic.

Here ya go just so you know the rules of the road... I made all these illegal laws up in your new favorite state I guess. I got them all passed... It’s all my fault I apologize......

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_New_York

I appreciate the voracity of your support of the 2nd.
I find it really sad and emabarrasing of my birth state...

To put this in perspective....

If I took my Gun collection back to NY.. 90 guns... not 90% would be considered Illegal..... I would be put away for life......

My Father fought valiantly to repeal and strike down these laws... I watched it drive him mad....

I don’t think there is a mechanism for Class 3 weapons at all.....

I appreciate the voracity of your support of the 2nd.
I find it really sad and emabarrasing of my birth state...

To put this in perspective....

If I took my Gun collection back to NY.. 90 guns... not 90% would be considered Illegal..... I would be put away for life......

My Father fought valiantly to repeal and strike down these laws... I watched it drive him mad....

I applaud your fathers effort. And I am glad you have the sense not to take your 90 guns back to a place where you would be illegally arrested and your fine firearm collection illegally confiscated out of civilian hands. Unfortunately, individual liberty is something that requires constant vigilance and effort to maintain as there are always those who will try to diminish it for their own gains. I'm not suggesting we march on NY or anything. I just saw a small error in thinking when we berated the individual instead of the law. Those little concessions are killers if allowed to fester. It's like 1 spot of mold in a basement. Before you know it the basement is uninhabitable. I've been guilty of the very same thing in the past. With the way the world is today it's so easy to fall into the trap of accepting things we should never accept because of the constant barrage of good government and PC bs. I have to constantly pull back the curtain to call a spade a spade and not get fooled by all the crap they try and shove down our throats as normal and acceptable.

I applaud your fathers effort. And I am glad you have the sense not to take your 90 guns back to a place where you would be illegally arrested and your fine firearm collection illegally confiscated out of civilian hands. Unfortunately, individual liberty is something that requires constant vigilance and effort to maintain as there are always those who will try to diminish it for their own gains. I'm not suggesting we march on NY or anything. I just saw a small error in thinking when we berated the individual instead of the law. Those little concessions are killers if allowed to fester. It's like 1 spot of mold in a basement. Before you know it the basement is uninhabitable. I've been guilty of the very same thing in the past. With the way the world is today it's so easy to fall into the trap of accepting things we should never accept because of the constant barrage of good government and PC bs. I have to constantly pull back the curtain to call a spade a spade and not get fooled by all the crap they try and shove down our throats as normal and acceptable.

I was trying to convey you have to know the laws so you don’t inadvertantly find yourself in a really bad way that can compromise the rest of your life.

I was trying to convey you have to know the laws so you don’t inadvertantly find yourself in a really bad way that can compromise the rest of your life.

I agree. When I disobey laws I like to do so with full knowledge and understanding of the consequences. I'd never claim ignorance if caught with a gun in NY. I would plead not guilty due to althea law being unconstitutional and hope that I got more than scorn from my fellow citizens however.

Who is getting schooled? Obviously you are having trouble understanding. Maybe I'm giving you too much credit. I figured you went to medical school and were intelligent enough to follow along with a conversation. My bad.

In case you are unclear, my point was that the law is wrong not the individual. The individual was exercising a right guaranteed to be respected by the Constitution of the United States. NY law has illegally denied that right to said individual and the other American citizens living there. NY has arrested said individual for exercising his Constitutionally protected right. Instead of berating the individual for disobeying an illegal law our ire should more correctly be aimed at the state of NY and their illegal law. By not directing our ire at NY and the law but instead berating the individual for breaking the illegal law shows an error in thinking that is accepting of NY and it's illegal laws. We should correct that error in thinking in order to rally behind a wonderful opportunity to challenge NY's illegal laws in court. Especially now as by the time the case gets to the supreme court we have a real chance to strike down said illegal laws if Trump is successful putting a constitutional conservative on the bench.

Exactly my point as well.

I believe it was my post of the Don Quixote pic that you were referencing earlier. Not really making fun of you (well maybe a little), I was trying to show the futility of attempting to have NYC's onerous firearms laws changed. After all, they've been working on them for over a century, and rights and reason are of no consequence in politics.

Sure ya have Skippy.....

You have trouble navigating ODT to Correctly post a response.... you could Never Navigate in NYC.....

You and your twin brother come on back when you want to get schooled again...

Feel free to learn a few state laws before you try to lamely defend your position

Looks like I missed some of this. Up at my lake house with my family this week. Took the kids out on the lake for a few hrs.

Well I am just a businessman from Atlanta. With dozens of employees and millions of dollars in revenue. I am not a medical student from New York, so what would I know?

Your personal attacks against me make you look young and immature. Hard to take you seriously.

Your redundancy to explain the current laws in New York over and over clearly show that you’re missing my point. I’m also assuming your bright enough to understand the conversation. Maybe go back and read my posts.

I have no beef with you and dont intend to engage in a personal argument over the inter-webs. That’s retarded.

I am not advocating taking a weapon to New York currently. I’ve already said that.

But, the path Winston Salem explained is how these laws are eventually reversed. If the SCOTUS would see the case on appeal, then there is a very real opportunity to strike these laws completely, as unconstitutional, and to set very real legal precedent moving forward.

The Supreme Court is slowly changing in the direction in which this could actually happen. And that is my point.

We should all support such change. It is possible.

I believe it was my post of the Don Quixote pic that you were referencing earlier. Not really making fun of you (well maybe a little), I was trying to show the futility of attempting to have NYC's onerous firearms laws changed. After all, they've been working on them for over a century, and rights and reason are of no consequence in politics.

At the risk of sounding like a boyscout on a rant, which I probably forfeited long ago in this conversation, it's only futile when we give up. It's the little victories that matter most. A slight correction in thinking that stops the flow of what we are willing to accept can have the biggest impact because it just may change where the line in the sand is for enough people to be effective at maybe just the right crucial moment. Writing off liberal places within the country only moves battle lines closer to our homes. Wasnt so much trying to change the laws in NY but more the thoughts that led to the action of us ridiculing the individual caught with the firearm in NY instead of being angry that he was subjected to punishment under an unconstitutional law in the first place. A battle is won in the mind long before it comes to blows a vast majority of the time.

Back
Top Bottom