• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GA Quota Hunt Applications OPEN!!

FootTrails

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
200   0
Reaction score
Go ahead and get your deer (WMA) or state park deer applications in! Let's hear opinions, success stories or horror stories of your quota hunts.

Last year I hunted Berry College 1st hunt and took this beast on 11/3/21 - Overall it was a good experience, met some great people. It was crowded though. If you have time, scout a lot and get off the beaten path.

In 2020, I hunted Hard Labor Creek State Park - It was OK, didn't see anything worth shooting even though everyone was shooting everything that moved. I was out of the popular areas but hear the golf course is where you need to be. People get out and mark spots days in advance even though it's first come first served.

Attachments

• 2021-11-03 10.25.26.jpg
    2021-11-03 10.25.26.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 184
I got an alligator tag last year after 6 years of rejection.
Then got Covid and couldn’t go hunting.

I got a gator tag last year and the guide I booked with got covid and cancelled on me 2 days prior. I got covid 10 days later and was sick until the end of the season. He texted me a couple days after I got sick and said he was better. I told him I was sick. He then cashed the 100 down payment check I sent him.

I got a gator tag last year and the guide I booked with got covid and cancelled on me 2 days prior. I got covid 10 days later and was sick until the end of the season. He texted me a couple days after I got sick and said he was better. I told him I was sick. He then cashed the 100 down payment check I sent him.
Real nice Guy!!

I've got 5 points for gator but just haven't been motivated to kill a gator. I figured I would put in for a tag one day when I had a good group of folks going. 6 points for state park again no fun going alone. Ive been reject for turkey the last 2 years. Only 1 point for deer. I only go to hunts with a very low hunter draw. I got picked twice for Chattahoochee Fort Perry on the very first hunt they had and got lucky again on the first hunt the second year, seen deer both times just didn't need to kill a doe. seen nothing that I wanted to shoot. I got drawn for the Hilliard tract hunt the first year it was open. Same didn't want to drag a deer out in the rain. I try and build points so I can hunt new WMAs that haven't been hammered. I live 10 minutes from Big Lazer but with the number of folks going to their hunts, I'd rather not get shot.

Yep I have several points saved. 7 for hog hunt just nobody to go with.5 WMA and 4 State Park.just no one to go with and I cant drag a deer out of the woods

Yep I have several points saved. 7 for hog hunt just nobody to go with.5 WMA and 4 State Park.just no one to go with and I cant drag a deer out of the woods
I’ve got 5 for state park. Won’t get it but put in for Panola. It’s a great hunt. Took 7 to get. If we could line up, I’d be happy to drag your deer out for you.

That’s garbage. Mind if I ask which Zone?

Back
Top Bottom