• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ga Renaissance Festival

Misplacedcountryboy

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
I have a question for anyone who might have gone to the Ren Fest in Ga this year. Do they scan or otherwise search for concealed weapons before entry?
The last time I was there a few years ago they didn’t, but I want to be sure before I go next weekend.

I figured if any group of folks would know, it’d be y’all. I appreciate any help.

Not sure how effective a wand detector is going to be at an event where live steel is common. I've not been a member in the SCA for many years but I imagine given the political leanings of most of the people I knew, guns will be "banned" from a RenFair or SCA event.

You could keep a little .380 in your codpiece.

My daughter is going on a school field trip today. They left at 5 am from statesboro. She enjoys it, she normally doesnt carry her pistol so I am have no help. Sorry.

Not sure how effective a wand detector is going to be at an event where live steel is common. I've not been a member in the SCA for many years but I imagine given the political leanings of most of the people I knew, guns will be "banned" from a RenFair or SCA event.

You could keep a little .380 in your codpiece.
Nothing more than a single shot Derringer would fit in my codpiece...:p

Can't be sure everyone will see this answer in the other thread.

From the GARenFest website:

The Festival bans firearms of any type on our premises. This includes those attendees who maintain a Georgia Weapons Carry License or a similar permit from another state. No functioning projectile weapons - including water pistols, Nerf guns, and ping-pong pistols.

If your costume includes a sword or dagger it must remain properly sheathed and peace-tied. Present yourself to one of our Front Gate attendants and they will peace-tie your weapon. Drawing of any type of weapon at any time is NOT allowed. Broadaxes, claymores, maces, halberds, tipped arrows, or pole weapons are NOT allowed.

Back
Top Bottom