• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ga Renaissance Festival

Not sure how effective a wand detector is going to be at an event where live steel is common. I've not been a member in the SCA for many years but I imagine given the political leanings of most of the people I knew, guns will be "banned" from a RenFair or SCA event.

You could keep a little .380 in your codpiece
Funny note, people who do a lot of pagan singers are SJW's as well. Its wild. you honor a Patriarchal society but you hate it at the same time

Wife and I went this weekend. Zero security at the gate, no wands, no nothing but a kid scanning tickets as fast as possible. Pretty much no visible security most anywhere at the event. No one will even be bothered to look at you twice once you've had your ticket scanned.

Be prepared to wait in long lines for everything. Food is a separate line from drinks, doesn't matter what you're buying. Every line is at least 30-45 minutes long. Almost no vendors take a card. Cash only almost everywhere. They do have ATMs but that line is also 30-45 minutes.

Oh and it's 1-1 1/2 hours wait to get in and parked so get there early. We hadn't been in a long time so we went. I won't go back. Other than the people in costumes (if you like to people watch) it was a just a joyless cash grab across the board.

Wife and I went this weekend. Zero security at the gate, no wands, no nothing but a kid scanning tickets as fast as possible. Pretty much no visible security most anywhere at the event. No one will even be bothered to look at you twice once you've had your ticket scanned.

Be prepared to wait in long lines for everything. Food is a separate line from drinks, doesn't matter what you're buying. Every line is at least 30-45 minutes long. Almost no vendors take a card. Cash only almost everywhere. They do have ATMs but that line is also 30-45 minutes.

Oh and it's 1-1 1/2 hours wait to get in and parked so get there early. We hadn't been in a long time so we went. I won't go back. Other than the people in costumes (if you like to people watch) it was a just a joyless cash grab across the board.

Yep. It's basically a humid mall with overprived beer. The atm thing is a racket, since I think their concessions are theirs. They're making more money by doing a cash only model and sending everyone to the atms. The morons that parked cars when I was there put someone in front of me and behind me!!! Luckily, the people to the left of me had left, and I was able to wiggle my car out. I hadn't been in five years. I won't be back.

So, you didn’t enjoy it?

Back
Top Bottom