• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ga Renaissance Festival

Yep and they could have just left it where ever or tossed in a trash can BUT instead they took the time to get it to lost and found within 30 minutes of us losing it. So it's the effort to give us every chance to get it back that I'm acknowledging.
Is it surprising that a bunch of heathens aren't thieves or crappy people? You'll find most people who attend the Ren Fest are pretty honest good folks. You'll even find some of them support the 2A. There's a vendor there that sells metal cutouts of pro gun stuff.

Is it surprising that a bunch of heathens aren't thieves or crappy people? You'll find most people who attend the Ren Fest are pretty honest good folks. You'll even find some of them support the 2A. There's a vendor there that sells metal cutouts of pro gun stuff.
No clue what your point is. I didn't post anything even close to what you're insinuating.

The event was irrelevant, it could have been Six Flags, F1 race or Dragon Con. I was merely acknowledging that some person was being a thoughtful helpful individual at an event that was huge and could have proven very difficult to recover the lost phone. Their efforts helped us immensely and we were thankful for their help.

We used to go every year, but quit a few years ago. Lines are long and the shows are repetitive, I do always enjoy the Birds of Prey show though. Never had an issue carrying a small revolver in my sporran. I enjoy the Highlands Festival much more than the ren faire.

No clue what your point is. I didn't post anything even close to what you're insinuating.

The event was irrelevant, it could have been Six Flags, F1 race or Dragon Con. I was merely acknowledging that some person was being a thoughtful helpful individual at an event that was huge and could have proven very difficult to recover the lost phone. Their efforts helped us immensely and we were thankful for their help.
No point other than you're more likely to get your phone back from an event like Ren Fest rather than your local walmart.

We go every year...have been for the past eight or so. Eventually I assume my daughter will grow weary of it, but not yet.

As to the OP's question, security - over the years - has gotten more and more lax. They used to actually check if weapons were peace tied. And if they weren't, they had someone there with a red string to tie them for you. Nowadays, as has already been said, there's just a teenager at the gate scanning tickets as fast as they can. No peace tying, nothing. And I've carried every time I've been and never had a problem.

As another poster stated, the NC one is the better event to go to. It spans from October through November when the weather up there is good, and the leaves are changing colors. There's just something about drinking mead in 90F weather and high humidity that makes the GA one an awful experience, for me at least. How else do we get the sea shanties going?

Back
Top Bottom