• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GA rifle ranges that permit different shooting positions?

Anyone know if Advanced Bullets off i20 allows different positions? I have heard about them in the past but have not had a chance to make it out there.

Make friends with people who have property

Attachments

• 20210411_154005.jpg
    20210411_154005.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 22
I’m in the same boat. I’m in the market to spend no more than $130k to find 20-30 acres solely to shoot on. The WMA outdoor ranges are all 1 1/2 hours from me and my hunting lease is 2 1/2 hours. Finding property closer at my price range is not easy. I may end up having to wait until the next downturn in the economy.

What county are you in? To get 20+ acres for $130K, you're going to have to get pretty far away from Atlanta. If that happens, you're back to driving an hour or more. I've seen some $10K/acre stuff in Heard County lately, but that's at least an hour from the closest Atlanta city limit. Little River Gun Club in Carrollton is a private gun club. If you show up in the middle of the week, there is often no one else there and you can do anything that you want as long as it's safe. You can't do that most weekends because you're sharing your range with the other members.

Hey, friend, nice property you have there! Can I swing by Wednesday morning?
Sorry bud. I've been thinking of hosting a mini ODT shootout (for ANY gathering, the more people there are, the less brain cells show up) and wife isn't for it.
It doesn't sound good when you pitch the idea of 5-8 strangers show up, armed and ready to have fun, with no responsibility of the event and property, while trying to raise a young family.

So my range is reserved for family and friends who are family. Maybe when u get old and lose both, ill be able to bring others;)

My own house. Jump ship and buy land. Then you can shoot on it however you damn well please :). JK, I know that isnt a practical option for a lot of folks. I would look at ranges that do IDPA and USArms. Those matches will allow practice shooting on the move and from different positions.

I’m in the same boat. I’m in the market to spend no more than $130k to find 20-30 acres solely to shoot on. The WMA outdoor ranges are all 1 1/2 hours from me and my hunting lease is 2 1/2 hours. Finding property closer at my price range is not easy. I may end up having to wait until the next downturn in the economy.

East GA away from population centers. Look for timber land that has been clear cut already. You can pick that up pretty darn cheap. If you want you can send me a PM. I'm always looking at rural properties and if I see one that might fit the bill i can send it your way. I am in real estate but it's not a use me thing. I'll only toss it your way if it fits and you can do what you want with it. I like it when people buy land. Especially if they are going to shoot on it.

Back
Top Bottom