• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gainesville Gun Show July 10-11

Not trying to piss on the thread, but it just doesn't make any sense to go to a gun show in Gainesville when Georgia Gun Store is open. Prices are waaaay better. No cover charge to get in and less of a crowd to contend with.
No pissing taken. I always go to GA Gun Store, Outdoor Depot, and Foxhole right after the show.

No pissing taken. I always go to GA Gun Store, Outdoor Depot, and Foxhole right after the show.

FYI GA Gun store closed (vacation) until July 12th. I have found Outdoor Depot to have a lot of inventory , but high. Always liked Foxhole, but last time I was in there (new location by mall), they had very little inventory (but it has been a few months.) The Gainesville show has turned into a big disappointment. Rabbit 2047 is right about the need for a flashlight. I think only 1 out of 3 lights were on last show I went there. (I bring my own light now - to ALL shows). A lot of vacant/unsold tables, many tables with jewelry and trinkets. The promoter even lost the BBQ food vendor (Sweet Butts?) that had great sausage dogs!

FYI GA Gun store closed (vacation) until July 12th. I have found Outdoor Depot to have a lot of inventory , but high. Always liked Foxhole, but last time I was in there (new location by mall), they had very little inventory (but it has been a few months.) The Gainesville show has turned into a big disappointment. Rabbit 2047 is right about the need for a flashlight. I think only 1 out of 3 lights were on last show I went there. (I bring my own light now - to ALL shows). A lot of vacant/unsold tables, many tables with jewelry and trinkets. The promoter even lost the BBQ food vendor (Sweet Butts?) that had great sausage dogs!
I'm more of a peruser. I just like to look. Foxhole did cut me a great deal on an M1891 Mosin made in 1916 for $175 just 2 years ago.

I forgot about GGS being closed. The Foxhole just hasn't been the same since they moved to the new location. You're absolutely right about Outdoor Depot too. They have guns stacked on top of guns in the pistol cabinets. You'd think they'd have a sale or something to make a little room in there. By sale, I mean drop them to match GGS's prices for a week or two.

OK, I went today. Parking lot was almost full when I got there about noon. Thought about not going in as I did not want to be elbow to elbow with other guests. I did go in. I apologize to any of the ammo gougers here and what I think of gouging, but ya'll don't hold a candle to those at the show! I saw one merchant sell a box of 50 .22 LR Aguilla ammo for $26 PLUS TAX!!! I really wanted to say something (to both parties) but since I just got in, I did not want to get kicked out so soon. $26! (A typical box of 230gr FMJ .45acp was $45). On the bright side, GA Arms was there with powder, a good selection including Retumbo, 4831SC, H100, Clays, etc., most under $50/lb. Ammo prices still seemed Post-Covid high, but that is expected (but not $26 for 50 .22LR). I saw a lot of 80% pistols (Sig frames, Glocks, and 1911) and AR rifles with a lot more BCGs, LPKs, CHs, and spring sets being offered. Lighting is still terrible. I bring a mini flashlight and magnifying glass with me - and used it - often! A lot of common (guns Taurus G2 & G3) Sig 365, 9mm in every flavor. A case of WWII 1911s, (which I drooled over for much longer than is polite!) and what I see a lot of now, Turkish made shotguns (as well as Tisas and Girsan 1911s). I did chat with several vendors, most saying they are getting more firearm inventory in and ammo is starting to trickle in (must be in their shops as there was no deal on ammo at the show!) A MINIMAL amount of Non-gun related vendors. (Nope, I did not stop and watch the vegetable peeler in the back of the room.) Glad I went. Glad I was not desperate for ammo. ($10 entry fee. Posted $12, but they charged me $10 - senior discount?)

It was actually pretty decent compared to the show I went to last summer. Wasn't too packed, lots of variety in guns. Plenty of ammo, but probably because it was way over priced. Some reloading supplies, but also over priced. My brother in law picked up an XD Elite. All in all we had a good time.

Back
Top Bottom