• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Galco anti-gun?

D4D67BDA-69BD-4EEA-BA9D-609886F3A5AF.jpeg
8F9BE64D-06CB-4685-9D95-388C424FC872.jpeg

Hey, a Galco FLETCH in black, made for a Glock 26/27,
has been my daily carry holster for 15 years,
with two different Taurus Milennium PT-111 pistols.
I like the holster.
I think I paid $60 for it.

But I don't think Galco has any business telling me
that I can use that holster because I am properly trained enough,
but
my brother
my adult nephew
my girlfriend
my best friend
my neighbor
my coworker
are all unqualified to have a handgun in a Galco holster.
Because they don't have the training.

P.S. When Taurus replaced my first-generation Millennium
with the G2 model, I found that the Galco thumb break
was no longer in the correct position. So I cut it off.
That's why this is now an open-top holster,
when it used to have a metal reinforced thumb break until a few years ago .

Lawyer talk makes its way into everything nowadays. Let's be real, who really thinks we have been using our gear the wrong way for generations if they work well and we still buy the stuff of decades old design? The only people I know who would think so are the crazy left wingers we got today, but that's about it. Natural selection is the only cure for the madness in this lawyer talk.

It's not anti-gun of course. It's silly lawyer talk. Don't own any Galco holsters. Probably wouldn't buy one regardless of their stance on liability weasel clauses.

View attachment 2007020 View attachment 2007021
Hey, a Galco FLETCH in black, made for a Glock 26/27,
has been my daily carry holster for 15 years,
with two different Taurus Milennium PT-111 pistols.
I like the holster.
I think I paid $60 for it.

But I don't think Galco has any business telling me
that I can use that holster because I am properly trained enough,
but
my brother
my adult nephew
my girlfriend
my best friend
my neighbor
my coworker
are all unqualified to have a handgun in a Galco holster.
Because they don't have the training.

P.S. When Taurus replaced my first-generation Millennium
with the G2 model, I found that the Galco thumb break
was no longer in the correct position. So I cut it off.
That's why this is now an open-top holster,
when it used to have a metal reinforced thumb break until a few years ago .

Everyone has their opinion but I personally dont see it as Galco personally talking to you or anyone and saying you need to have training or you need to do or do that. We're all adults. They are just protecting themselves because unfortunately some laws/states allow gun manufacturers to be sued or they were trying to hold manufacturers liable for mass shootings. Now no one can come to Galco and say one of your holsters was used in a mass shooting, blah blah blah. Galco has indemnified themselves basically.

To those worried about what Galco says take a look at the manual that came with your guns. You'd be surprised that Glock says you MUST read the ENTIRE manual CAREFULLY before loading or firing your Glock. that intial combat oriented training and a reasonable amount of periodic training which stresses safe tactical procedures is recommended. That one should ALWAYS seek a doctor's advice if you are taking medication to be sure you are able to shoot and handle a firearm safely.

If you dont want to buy something from someone because you think companies are personally talking to you, telling you want to do with their products, in manuals and on websites, you'd never buy anything because the warning ALWAYS tells you what you should and shouldnt do.

I bought a Galco paddle holster for my S&W 638, just to have a decent owb holster to wear in the woods and while riding the 4 wheeler. It is the most flimsy, cheap POS I ever wasted my money on.

I was just as safety conscience before I ever had formal training as I was afterwards, but thanks anyway big brother Galco.

Back
Top Bottom