• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Galil Ace .308 Rifle Owners or X-owners

moosensquirrel

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
I am looking at buying one of these, but for what is referred to as a battle rifle, field stripping, even for ordinary maintenance seems tedious.

How is the recoil on these rifles? Any known weak points.

Thanks, Moose

Recoil is heavier than it needs to be until you install a KNS Piston. Then it is a smooth shooter. Very robust design. The takedown and reassembly are a little tricky initially but easier the more you do it.

Recoil is heavier than it needs to be until you install a KNS Piston. Then it is a smooth shooter. Very robust design. The takedown and reassembly are a little tricky initially but easier the more you do it.
Many thanks, from the KNS website, some close measurements appear necessary. I would think that if you specify Galil ace with 16" barrel, they could fix you up with the correct part.

Many thanks, from the KNS website, some close measurements appear necessary. I would think that if you specify Galil ace with 16" barrel, they could fix you up with the correct part.
Yes, specify the 16" barrel and you should be fine. But, call them if you have any doubt/questions. Great company and fast shipping.

Back
Top Bottom