• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Game of Thrones

Could have been worse but the whole season felt so rushed. I actually like most of the directions, they just did it all too quickly without the “in the meantime” scenes that had made the show great before.

Maybe we’ll get a continuation down the road after all the actors/actresses blow their earnings from the past 8 years.

If I tweeted, and I do not, I'd tweet at GRRM, "if you cannot do better by your readers, don't bother finishing the Song of Ice and Fire. As to a song, there was only a brief aria between ICE and Fire before Fire took away the choices for all. I had high expectations and none were met beyond a few moments in episode 2 - the one with the gallows humor...We fans had invested a lot of time in these characters and the writers tore them down willy-nilly in season 8. It was rushed and careless, it tried to shock without the needed voltage, it was a waste of how ever many millions of dollars they spent, and 19 months of my time expecting better. However, in the words of the great ODT philosopher, JWC..."But what do I know?"

If I tweeted, and I do not, I'd tweet at GRRM, "if you cannot do better by your readers, don't bother finishing the Song of Ice and Fire. As to a song, there was only a brief aria between ICE and Fire before Fire took away the choices for all. I had high expectations and none were met beyond a few moments in episode 2 - the one with the gallows humor...We fans had invested a lot of time in these characters and the writers tore them down willy-nilly in season 8. It was rushed and careless, it tried to shock without the needed voltage, it was a waste of how ever many millions of dollars they spent, and 19 months of my time expecting better. However, in the words of the great ODT philosopher, JWC..."But what do I know?"

This is on Benioff and Weiss. The dreck showed up once the show outpaced the books. The hurried pace and corner-cutting is on them and not Martin, whom you'll note isn't usually in much of a hurry to do anything.

This is on Benioff and Weiss. The dreck showed up once the show outpaced the books. The hurried pace and corner-cutting is on them and not Martin, whom you'll note isn't usually in much of a hurry to do anything.
Agreed. A writer can permit one into a character’s thought processes so that the decisions made are more understandable. B and W deserve whatever criticism this season heaps upon their pointy little heads!

Back
Top Bottom