• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gander Mountain closings (threads merged)

Someone on here the other day said that GM was closing the store, not sure if it was Snellville location or not. I think I've only brought one thing from Gander Mountain, that was some ammo back when times was hard. I get emails from them and they say oh 10% off all guns. Ain't much of a deal when they are listed so high.

Screenshot_2017-03-11-18-38-56.png

"I can't understand why they are closing stores. Their margins must be astronomically high." (reasoned some overpaid douchy VP of sales & marketing).

"I can't understand why they are closing stores. Their margins must be astronomically high." (reasoned some overpaid douchy VP of sales & marketing).

well yea BUT!
you actually have to sale something before you make a profit on it.
The only thing that I have ever seen that I thought was a good price was a Tanfoglio Hunter 10 MM new, they had tagged at 950 bucks.

I went to Gander Mountain yesterday. They had this ad in the paper that everything was reduced. I don't think they are. I saw a bunch of pistols for $999.99 including a Ruger SR 1911 if my eyes weren't deceiving me. There was a sign stating no discount on firearms and ammo. They had some signs on a few things that read 10% off.
One guy who was shopping said they told him if the sale doesn't go well they might drop some prices next week. The sales staff didn't seem readily available and the ones I saw looked disinterested.

Back
Top Bottom