• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Gander Mountain Responds to Bankruptcy Rumor"

In my experience, I've only bought one item from them and that was 3 years ago. I did try trading a Beretta .22 Neos pistol, but they offered only $60. I later sold it for $200. There's so much competition willing to sell below MSRP that GM will have to make the changes to be competitive or go out of business. IMHO, Cabelas and LL Bean have them beat hands down for clothing and gear. And, there are so many online vendors for guns and ammo that routinely beat GM's prices.

First time I went into a GM was during the ammo/AR scare in early 2013 after the Newtown shooting. You couldn't find 22 ammo anywhere. But they had some, they also had lots of 45, 40 and 9mm ammo as well as 223/5.56. They were so high on the price no one would buy it. That's why they were the only one's who still had it in stock.

That was also the last time I went into a GM.

I have actually purchased a few firearms from them, but only when they were heavily discounted. Last summer, I purchased a Sig P229 Legion for $1,039.99 and a Sig M11-A1 (P228) for $759.99, both of which are still decent prices, although prices today are down overall. Just have to wait for their "firearms reduction" sale and be ready to pounce (after shopping prices, of course).

IMG_1152.jpg

Back
Top Bottom