• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gander Mtn sucks

TREYM

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
91   0
Reaction score
They advertise Blazer brass for $9.99 for Sat 5/14. I get there at 9am and they say they already sold the couple of cases they had for the sale. I say a couple of cases, no wonder you are out. Yall suck. I left the basket of stuff I had and left.
Why have a sale and nothing to sell. I know why but I gotta ask. Rant over.

They advertise Blazer brass for $9.99 for Sat 5/14. I get there at 9am and they say they already sold the couple of cases they had for the sale. I say a couple of cases, no wonder you are out. Yall suck. I left the basket of stuff I had and left.
Mostly because the folks responsible for making the ads don't check with the supply line folks or store level people to find out about on hand quantities beforehand.
Around 1990 I worked the sporting goods department at a Roses store in South Macon. And damn near every Sunday their ads would have some type of milsurp rifle on sale. Like $49.00 Mosins, $69.00 Enfield's and $99.00 Mausers from pick your country of origin. But most of the time we didn't have more than a doze n of any of those Rifles on hand on the day the ad came out. So I filled out way more raincheck forms than 4473 forms on those Rifles.
As for Gander Mountain or Cabelas I've never been in either of their stores but I've seen their catalogs for years and I can tell that those ain't places I would shop. To me they're just Yankee tourist traps like Bass Pro.

Pulls you into the store to buy other things.

Mostly because the folks responsible for making the ads don't check with the supply line folks or store level people to find out about on hand quantities beforehand.
Around 1990 I worked the sporting goods department at a Roses store in South Macon. And damn near every Sunday their ads would have some type of milsurp rifle on sale. Like $49.00 Mosins, $69.00 Enfield's and $99.00 Mausers from pick your country of origin. But most of the time we didn't have more than a doze n of any of those Rifles on hand on the day the ad came out. So I filled out way more raincheck forms than 4473 forms on those Rifles.
As for Gander Mountain or Cabelas I've never been in either of their stores but I've seen their catalogs for years and I can tell that those ain't places I would shop. To me they're just Yankee tourist traps like Bass Pro.
You can't beat the service & LOYALTY from a LGS. Heck some of the best deals I've ever got was right here on the ODT.

Back
Top Bottom