• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Garand Receiver / BM59 question

Im going to keep it. I like the .308 Garand idea, anyone have a lead on a Garand parts kit? Like I said I feel guilty about cutting it up, but have no idea where to score a parts kit except for the BM59.

That sarco kit is out of stock, and the CMP website lists drill rifles as out of stock...

Yes you cannot mail order one from CMP. If you want to purchase one direct from CMP, you have to go to Anniston. They come up for resale on occasion in their forum. Another possibility is to post in the "Wanted to Buy" section. 10thmountain 10thmountain has built a few of these and may have some resources.

As far as my opinion on the bm 59. I would only buy one with known history. One from Tim Shufflin or the Garand guy up in New Jersey build them. They are a wild variant.

Contact Steve Edwards @nsussf "The Garand Master", he can build it to any specs you want and it will be the most accurate that it can be.
Search his name and see all the guys on here that have Steve to thank for great shooting rifles.
Keep us up to date with the project, post before and after pictures.

Back
Top Bottom