• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gas and Guns: not getting any cheaper

There is only one reason I can think of why someone would be willing to pay above MSRP... Paperwork. 4473. We have all seen. Glockks, M&P`s listed for prices I can beat everyday at a local shop. Thing is they must fill out paperwork.

Yeah thats gotta be it...i guess some people really hate filling out the form, i can understand the transfer fees if u order online too..

Well, AKs in general are all going up due to the alphabet boys outlawing further imports of AK mil-surp barrels. The new ruling says that since they came from a machine gun the barrel is still considered a machine gun. SO...AK parts kits come into the country with no barrels. Century and the other guys now have to buy new U.S. barrels here, which drives up the prices of the AKs. The new barrels are not chrome lined either.
Similar story on the Saiga shotguns. The alphabets have declared them to be for a "non-sporting" purpose and therefore banned from future import. That's why we are seeing $900 saiga 12s.
There is also another wave of high capacity "clip" attempted bans coming due to the latest shootings.
All in all the Gub'ment is slowly tightening the screws on gunowners. I do believe this is the biggest reason for most of the price increases.
Add in inflation and people want a premium on anything they sell. Sign of the times, I guess.
As far as the 44 73s go, I don't think it's a matter hating the form...it's one of two reasons: a) the buyer is not eligible or b) the buyer would rather have "anonymous" weapons that are not in their name in the event of future confiscations.

Well, AKs in general are all going up due to the alphabet boys outlawing further imports of AK mil-surp barrels. The new ruling says that since they came from a machine gun the barrel is still considered a machine gun. SO...AK parts kits come into the country with no barrels. Century and the other guys now have to buy new U.S. barrels here, which drives up the prices of the AKs. The new barrels are not chrome lined either.
Similar story on the Saiga shotguns. The alphabets have declared them to be for a "non-sporting" purpose and therefore banned from future import. That's why we are seeing $900 saiga 12s.
There is also another wave of high capacity "clip" attempted bans coming due to the latest shootings.
All in all the Gub'ment is slowly tightening the screws on gunowners. I do believe this is the biggest reason for most of the price increases.
Add in inflation and people want a premium on anything they sell. Sign of the times, I guess.
As far as the 44 73s go, I don't think it's a matter hating the form...it's one of two reasons: a) the buyer is not eligible or b) the buyer would rather have "anonymous" weapons that are not in their name in the event of future confiscations.

I think it is "a" just IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom