• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gas Grill suggestions, reviews

mhayes

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
43   0
Reaction score
Fellow ODT'rs, I am in the market for a new propane grill. With my family size and the fat that i cook an entire meal on the grill. I need at least 500+ inches of cooking space. My current grill is 612" and 5 burners. But even though keep it covered with a water proof cover most of my grills seam to rust out after about 4-5 years. It stays on my deck and i have no access to take it down, so it has to remain there. I already have a smoker and a small charcoal grill. I just don't always have the time or room to cook on them for all meals. I have been looking at the Weber Genesis S-310 and S-410. Any other ideas?

Fellow ODT'rs, I am in the market for a new propane grill. With my family size and the fat that i cook an entire meal on the grill. I need at least 500+ inches of cooking space. My current grill is 612" and 5 burners. But even though keep it covered with a water proof cover most of my grills seam to rust out after about 4-5 years. It stays on my deck and i have no access to take it down, so it has to remain there. I already have a smoker and a small charcoal grill. I just don't always have the time or room to cook on them for all meals. I have been looking at the Weber Genesis S-310 and S-410. Any other ideas?
check out Lynx grills, they are pricy but for a propane grill it doesnt really get any better to me.

https://www.lynxgrills.com/

I will always recommend a green egg for charcoal and a rectec or traeger for a pellet smoker/grill

if you are wanting to go a cheaper route I had a charbroil infrared for awhile and it was great.

I have had just about all the brands that you can get from lowes and other places. They just wont hold up for long. Have not had a gas Weber, so was looking for reviews on that and coach482 helped me out with that one. The one that has lasted the longest was a Smoke Canyon from Bass Pro. The burners are starting to rust away as well as the floor of the grill. I am just getting aggravated buying a $500 and a $100 cover and still have it rust away. I always let them cool off and cover as soon as it does. never stays open to weather.

I have had just about all the brands that you can get from lowes and other places. They just wont hold up for long. Have not had a gas Weber, so was looking for reviews on that and coach482 helped me out with that one. The one that has lasted the longest was a Smoke Canyon from Bass Pro. The burners are starting to rust away as well as the floor of the grill. I am just getting aggravated buying a $500 and a $100 cover and still have it rust away. I always let them cool off and cover as soon as it does. never stays open to weather.
i
i know you are wanting to go propane but green egg has a lifetime warranty so no replacing your grill every 2-5 years lol.

For years I bought the $2-300 Charbroil grills. After a few years the burners crap out. When you replace them they are never the same. I bought a Weber Genesis about 7 years ago. Best decision ever. Even heat from the start. I grill several nights a week year round so it gets used quite a bit. I have had to replace the flavor bars and grates (cast iron) but you'll do that with any grill. Still heats very evenly. I highly recommend. It's worth the extra $$ over the cheaper grills.

I've got a stainless body Nexgrill 6 burner with side burner and cast iron grates. Been using it about 20 years. Grates finally rusting through, burners are fine. I use it all year, so it's not been babied. If I can't find replacement grates will probably buy another Nexgrill.

Back
Top Bottom